Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: "Alright gentlemen up and at it...Rub-a-Dub Dub, let's scrub up the F***ing sub!" - Garnett Curtis, COB, USS Phoenix
SitRep on the Goatman
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

dex armstrong
Posted 2007-11-01 3:55 PM (#8802)

COMSUBBBS

Subject: SitRep on the Goatman

Just got off the phone with Ray. Somehow, he can't establish a connection with the internet with his laptop. So, he's unable at the present, to read the wonderful reponses contained in the previous thread. Here's his assessment of his situation. Both of his parents appear to be in an irreversable state of progressive deterioration. He feels that he is now in a dual terminal vigil. He has determined that the responsibity has fallen to him, to be present to make whatever arrangements are necessary to provide proper care for them both and whatever else the Stone family may be faced with. He sounded exhausted and in need of some decompression time and sleep. He has a great deal on his mind and (his words)"will be out-of-pocket" for an indeterminate period of time. He sends his best to you all and thanks you all for your kindness, consideration and respectful support of his Mother and Father and the Stone Family. As he has said so many, many times..."It's times like these that make you damn glad you rode the boats." DEX
Roy Ator
Posted 2007-11-01 5:26 PM (#8808 - in reply to #8802)

Great Sage of the Sea

Subject: RE: SitRep on the Goatman

Thanks for the update, Dex. I've wanted to call but he has a heavy load to bear at this time. Our thoughts are on their behalf.

My friend & brother of the 'phin!
dex armstrong
Posted 2007-11-01 5:44 PM (#8811 - in reply to #8802)

COMSUBBBS

Roy, WHAT A PICTURE...WOW, That's absolutely wonderful. Thanks....As we used to say as kids in East Tennessee,"That son-ofa-gun's a Cracker Jack" Thanks again. DEX
dex armstrong
Posted 2007-11-01 5:51 PM (#8812 - in reply to #8802)

COMSUBBBS

Almost forgot. Ray gave me his cell phone number, but I was reluctant to call knowing how much he has on his mind and the depth of personal saddness he's dealing with. But, he asked me to check in from time to time and post updates here. So I phoned today driving home from Virginia (hands free phone). I dail the number and this sweet voice comes on and says in a voice like those phone sex gals..."While I am trying to reach your party here's some music to listen to..." followed by an eardrum busting full band rendition of ANCHORS AWEIGH...the fillings fell out of my teeth, earwax shot into my nasal passages and all my fleas held abandon ship drill. DEX
TSpoon
Posted 2007-11-01 9:24 PM (#8822 - in reply to #8802)
Great Sage of the Sea

WOW Roy, that is one powerful picture. Thank you for posting it.

For those who missed it, click on the word 'friend' at the bottom of the picture for a few more great shots.

T.Spoon, DBF
Doc Gardner
Posted 2007-11-02 4:09 AM (#8823 - in reply to #8808)

Master and Commander

That's a great photo Roy, with a powerful message.
Please let Ray know that he is in our thoughts and prayers as he copes with the pending death of his parents.
Doc
Don Gentry
Posted 2007-11-02 7:08 AM (#8828 - in reply to #8802)

Admin

Subject: Photo of Ray's Pop and Cowboy

This is on Gary Walkers fine site and Tim Spoon sent the link and asked me to post.

Roy Ator
Posted 2007-11-03 3:17 PM (#8901 - in reply to #8822)

Great Sage of the Sea

Thanks T.Spoon for the endorsement. Some terrific memories there!

Bill Linne
Posted 2007-11-03 3:42 PM (#8903 - in reply to #8802)

Senior Crew

Subject: Update 11-03 @ 1530 PDT

Just spoke with Ray in Piedmont (near Oakland) CA.  He expects his Dad to be released from the hospital Monday or Tuesday to come home and join Ray and his Step-Mother.  "Mom" is under hospice care at home, and Ray is sorting through a stack of mail and other such things to see what needs attention.

He is planning to be at the Pampanito on Saturday.  It has been way too long since I've been there, and I intend to make a real effort to join Ray and Tim Spoon and whoever else can make it.

Ray continues to have trouble getting on-line, so I related to him that a great number of shipmates have expressed concern and are praying for him and his family.

Bill

Corabelle
Posted 2007-11-03 3:44 PM (#8904 - in reply to #8828)

COMSUBBBS

Subject: Don - I just get a big rectangle,

with a smaller rectangle with the red X in it.

Cora

Edited by Corabelle 2007-11-03 3:46 PM
Don Gentry
Posted 2007-11-04 6:57 PM (#8942 - in reply to #8802)

Admin

Subject: Olgoat photo

From Sue Mclaughlin - Ray and Ric at the Bash at the Ranch - and the infamous Doc Beeghly moon shot. Sue is doing fine and enjoying the Missouri fall.

(photo51.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments photo51.jpg (51KB - 957 downloads)
Doc Gardner
Posted 2007-11-05 4:52 AM (#8944 - in reply to #8942)

Master and Commander

Subject: RE: Olgoat photo

Don Gentry - 2007-11-04 7:57 PM

From Sue Mclaughlin - Ray and Ric at the Bash at the Ranch - and the infamous Doc Beeghly moon shot. Sue is doing fine and enjoying the Missouri fall.

A cigar, a stack of hay bales and alcohol. What were the OlGoat's next words? Fire in the hole?
Flapper
Posted 2007-11-05 2:16 PM (#8957 - in reply to #8944)

Master and Commander

Doc Gardner - 2007-11-04 4:52 PM

Don Gentry - 2007-11-04 7:57 PM

A cigar, a stack of hay bales and alcohol. What were the OlGoat's next words? Fire in the hole?

Stole the words right outa my pie-hole, Doc! Any farmer/rancher I've ever known would have been chucking a bucket of water at the goatman.
steamboat
Posted 2007-11-05 3:15 PM (#8961 - in reply to #8957)
Master and Commander

Hell, that dog t**d wouldn't light. I were there and I know!
Steamboat sends
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software