Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: "Another Running Gun battle.....Destroyer Gunning, Wahoo Running” -- Wahoo (SS-238) after hitting a convoy, now out of fish, and heading for the barn......
Announcing a new submarine page ....
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

Ric
Posted 2007-11-03 11:41 AM (#8887)

Plankowner

Subject: Announcing a new submarine page ....

... with links to all my old pages. If you have bookmarks to my other pages you need to update those to their new location. I will have transfer pages in place soon and eliminate their rddesigns.com locations.

I have some of my older pages undergoing upkeep so they may be a bit messy. A few will get a dry docking and full overhaul!

I am giving up my old domain and moving all my web pages to a new domain called PigBoats.COM!

It has been a 3 month slog in creating all new pages. Co-ordinating with two other sub vets in getting material and, for those who I have contacted already, making changes based on feed back. It has been a long "birth" process , as those of you who have created pages know. Trying to get retro-fit old pages with new addresses has been challenging to say the least. There is still a lot to add to some pages and I have fallen behind in getting that done and try and work for a living and trying to still have a life.

I have been working with Rick Larson a 20+ year retired Master Chief who has been collecting ships patches since 1967 and David Johnston DC1 (SS/SW) who is on active duty since the 911 incident. Both I have been working with for a number of years in conjunction with my Through The Looking Glass pages.

I have given them both their own "corners" to play in with what ever they want. They are totally responsible for their content and have their own PigBoats.COM email. If you have issues contact them as I will not forward any Complaints or Kudos.

There will be holes in some of my buttons but tuff nuggies, I will get to them as soon as I can. I am getting an RSS Feed set up for updates which there will be number of as I begin to add all the stuff I haven't had time to get to yet. For this first week contact me at at webmaster AT pigboats.com with broken links and feed back.

I have provided both a guest log for you to sign and a BSS for you to play on. I hope you take advantage of both.

Click on the following link to drop in.

PigBoats.COM

Thank you.

Ric Hedman

Bill Linne
Posted 2007-11-03 12:59 PM (#8890 - in reply to #8887)

Senior Crew

Subject: RE: Announcing a new submarine page ....

Apparently the DNS servers have caught up with you Ric, cuz your link don't work.  What's the IP?

Bill

PaulR
Posted 2007-11-03 1:42 PM (#8891 - in reply to #8890)

Master and Commander

Bill Linne - 2007-11-03 1:59 PM

Apparently the DNS servers have caught up with you Ric, cuz your link don't work. What's the IP?

Bill

Got to http://www.pigboats.com/
Ric
Posted 2007-11-03 1:47 PM (#8892 - in reply to #8890)

Plankowner

Well not sure what is going on but from what I see is that many folks are getting on no problem.

Try this as an alternate www.pigboats.com but the other one does work too and internal links will take you back to the original one given.

Ric
PaulR
Posted 2007-11-03 1:50 PM (#8893 - in reply to #8892)

Master and Commander

Ric - 2007-11-03 2:47 PM

Well not sure what is going on but from what I see is that many folks are getting on no problem.

Try this as an alternate www.pigboats.com but the other one does work too and internal links will take you back to the original one given.

Ric

Ric, go back to your first post and mouse-over the link you gave.

You'll see the problem.
Don Gentry
Posted 2007-11-03 1:56 PM (#8894 - in reply to #8893)

Admin

Subject: Original link fixed

Ric, I fixed your original link - u were missing the // after the colon.

Congrats on the new domain and site!
Bill Linne
Posted 2007-11-03 1:58 PM (#8895 - in reply to #8894)

Senior Crew

Subject: RE: Original link fixed

I shoulda seen that!  Yep, I feel kinda stupid right now.  Thanks for the help, Don.

Bill

Corabelle
Posted 2007-11-03 2:06 PM (#8896 - in reply to #8887)

COMSUBBBS

Subject: I love you Ric, but .. ...

of course I had to check out the "ships sunk" by the USS Sterlet. As in many records, yours gives credit for 4 ships sunk for a tonnage of 15,803 tons total. They sunk that much on their first patrol. Verified by War Patrol Reports and also by Lt. W.R. Wright, in his book, "The Last Good War."
Ric
Posted 2007-11-03 2:38 PM (#8899 - in reply to #8896)

Plankowner

Subject: RE: I love you Ric, but .. ...

Cora, that is true. Many of the first pages I did don't reflect anything other than the JANAC "official" scores. This is one of the many projects I need to get back to.

thanks Love...

Ric
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software