Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: Robert Fulton, inventor of the steamboat, was an avid submarine enthusiast. He built several submersible warships, one of which was known as the Nautilus.
In Those Boxes
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

crystal
Posted 2007-11-03 3:13 PM (#8900)

Master and Commander

Subject: In Those Boxes

In the "continuing" thread below - was a picture of a bunch of boxes loaded up in my Explorer - here's all of the contents laid out on my garage floor.  A lot of this stuff came from the DE-343's decomissioned in 1951!

(unboxedwith.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments unboxedwith.JPG (75KB - 1033 downloads)
Bill Linne
Posted 2007-11-03 3:49 PM (#8905 - in reply to #8900)

Senior Crew

Subject: RE: In Those Boxes

Jeeeez, John.  Now all you need is some cable and you can "connect" every house in your neighborhood!  What on earth will you do with all those?  What does Millie have to say???

Bill

crystal
Posted 2007-11-03 4:32 PM (#8907 - in reply to #8900)

Master and Commander

Millie???? Oh that Millie!!!! The one who left when I came home with yet another load of "treasure"... It's getting VERY difficult to convince her that all this junk should be saved - her response?  "Yes, but does it always have to be you???" Ahh well...
miss lumpy bumps
Posted 2007-11-03 4:46 PM (#8909 - in reply to #8907)

COMSUBBBS

Subject: RE: In Those Boxes...AND WHEN ARE YOU

STARTING UP YOUR NEW PHONE COMPANY...???!!!
Corabelle
Posted 2007-11-03 5:38 PM (#8916 - in reply to #8900)

COMSUBBBS

Subject: When my husband -

died, he left me with a garage full of "treasures" also. Shortly after he left, I went out and looked around and said something to the effect of, "I knew you were going to do this to me!" I had no notion of what most of it was, or if it had value, so - guess what I did with it?

Cora
Corabelle
Posted 2007-11-03 5:39 PM (#8917 - in reply to #8900)

COMSUBBBS

Subject: Oh - and

he was young when he died - not even 54, so I'm sure he thought thata he would have time to do something with all his valuable "stuff."

Cora

Edited by Corabelle 2007-11-03 5:41 PM
Runner485
Posted 2007-11-04 5:44 AM (#8929 - in reply to #8907)

COMSUBBBS

Exactly the response when we did a strip ship of the USS Trout in Philly recently. When the Torsk Bandits lined up a crane they were able to pull out the really heavy stuff like a BQR 2B that is now sitting in a corner of my garage. And believe me, that panal is really heavy. Next weekend it will begin to get refurbished, and have lights that work and all sorts of thingy's that sonar panals do......

Next question from the boss has already been asked. Then when does it leave the garage for the Torsk. Hell after it's all clean and flashing lights working I wanna play make believe with it for a while.....

Edited by Runner485 2007-11-04 5:46 AM
Tom McNulty
Posted 2007-11-04 6:47 AM (#8932 - in reply to #8900)

Master and Commander

Joe, you're a snipe so here's a clue. The thingy on the end of the wire with the two metal tabs is called a plug. Somewhere you should find the female counterpart. I know you can decipher what I mean by female. Then insert one into the other and from then on only touch things with one hand. We don't want to lose any tax payers here in DE.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software