Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: Long considered a versatile and deadly instrument of war, the submarine has broadened her capabilities with the adoption of nuclear power. Today the submarine serves as a ballistic missile platform, early warning station, killer of surface and underwater vessels, scout, coastal raider troop transport, supply ship, mine layer, and seaplane tender.
Warshot's Book - Depths of Courage released today
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

Don Gentry
Posted 2007-11-06 5:04 PM (#8996)

Admin

Subject: Warshot's Book - Depths of Courage released today

Get details here or via Ron Martini's BBS
TSpoon
Posted 2007-11-06 11:10 PM (#9001 - in reply to #8996)
Great Sage of the Sea

Subject: RE: Warshot's Book - Depths of Courage released today

guess I need to brag on Rontini's quick mail service. A few weeks back he started taking orders with a projected ship by date of 6 Nov, that's today. I ordered a copy and as 6 Nov is my birthday I thought that was a great ship by date.

Well the post office just delivered my copy at 1714hrs. today, 6 Nov.

That is what I call very, very fast shipping and talk about a wonderful birthday present.

Thank you Ron Smith and Ron Martini for making this birthday a little more special.

Also today is the Pampanitos birthday as she was commissioned at Portsmouth 6 Nov 1943, while I was born 6 Nov 1943, at Balboa Naval Hospital, San Diego.

Now to get to reading,

Thanks all,

T.Spoon, DBF and a little older than dirt.............
Don Gentry
Posted 2007-11-07 6:47 AM (#9004 - in reply to #9001)

Admin

And of course, Balboa (hospital) contains all the letters of your qual boat... now if you were born at 1714, I'm goin' out to buy some lottery tickets!!

Happy birthday Tim...
TSpoon
Posted 2007-11-07 3:59 PM (#9015 - in reply to #8996)
Great Sage of the Sea

Thanks for the good wishes Don and who else has enough time to figure that Balboa rearranged spess B-Balao if you stutter a bit. That is a great tid bit of info.

I was born around 0530 hrs Pacific Time and I have not been able to find the time of Pampanitos Commissioning ceremony. That would call for a lotto ticket if she was Commissioned around 0830hrs Eastern Time.

I claima to be a twin with her and as they hauled her into dry dock this year to scrape barnacles off her bottom I have stayed clear of the doctors office just in case.LOL

Thansk again,
T.Spoon, DBF

ps so far Rons book is all we expected from the Gentleman. Sorry Warshot I use that word for all my 'older' friends.LOL
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software