Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: Robert Fulton, inventor of the steamboat, was an avid submarine enthusiast. He built several submersible warships, one of which was known as the Nautilus.
Flapper
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

Corabelle
Posted 2007-11-08 1:04 PM (#9040)

COMSUBBBS

Subject: Flapper

You had a brave photographer. An un-nerving picture, to be sure. Not too comfortable looking down the wrong side of a gun barrel.

Cora
Flapper
Posted 2007-11-09 4:47 PM (#9070 - in reply to #9040)

Master and Commander

Subject: RE: Flapper

Corabelle - 2007-11-08 1:04 AM

You had a brave photographer. An un-nerving picture, to be sure. Not too comfortable looking down the wrong side of a gun barrel.

Cora

That's what I was aiming for, Cora! (Pun intended)
It made me nervous just getting the shot. What I did was first unload and put in practice cartridges; then set up my camera on a tripod at an angle to a large mirror; finally, set the camera for auto-timed shot. Then stepped over a few feet and aimed at the image of the camera in the mirror and squeezed off the 'shot' as the camera clicked.

The image was reversed because of the mirror so I flipped it using my photo software as the last step, so the 'NRA' on my cap wasn't reversed.
TSpoon
Posted 2007-11-09 5:20 PM (#9071 - in reply to #9040)
Great Sage of the Sea

I teach my grandson that you never, ever point a gun at any one or thing. That you also consider all guns to be loaded at all times no matter if you have checked and re-checked. Guns are a very serious responsibility and never to be taken lightly, mis-handled, or used in a joking way.

That picture send a very wrong message.

T.Spoon, DBF
RCK
Posted 2007-11-09 5:30 PM (#9074 - in reply to #9071)
Master and Commander

Mirrors all over the country are grateful for your heartfelt concern.
Flapper
Posted 2007-11-11 3:26 PM (#9124 - in reply to #9071)

Master and Commander

If it bothers you Mr Spoon, it's gone!
Of course my new avatar bothers ME - I had a full head of hair back then, ca 1967.
609EM1
Posted 2007-11-11 6:49 PM (#9127 - in reply to #9124)

Senior Crew

Flapper - 2007-11-11 4:26 PM

If it bothers you Mr Spoon, it's gone!
Of course my new avatar bothers ME - I had a full head of hair back then, ca 1967.

I tried sending you a PM,but it didn't work ,so I will post this.

Subject : Picture(avatar)

I wish you had not caved in to political correctness.I saw nothing wrong with your picture.In fact....I liked it.I would like to see you go back to that avatar.However,that is not my decision.

I just wanted to say my little piece.

Don Asmund exEM1(SS) SS-331 & SSBN-609
Don Gentry
Posted 2007-11-12 12:13 AM (#9135 - in reply to #9127)

Admin

I think Flap just chose to think about a shipmate's opinion and change his own mind. I wish we could get away from the notion that when we pull in the reigns a bit, it's due to "PC" influences... it's simply not the case in 99.9 percent of the situations (from my very limited point of view

I wasn't bothered enough to speak up on the "issue" but having had the unfortunate experience on two occasions of looking down the barrel of a few guns in anger... I was a little un-nerved by it and I appreciate the change. PC has nothing to do with it.

Like the new one Flap... and the original one too... and hope to do a ride down your way in the next year or two... keep the beer cold... !!
TSpoon
Posted 2007-11-12 7:31 AM (#9140 - in reply to #9040)
Great Sage of the Sea

Thank you Flapper for the change. Also thank you Don G. for the insightful note. I joined the NRA in 1964 and converted to Life in 1974. Working for the Air Force as an Accountant for 22 years each year I did my 'duty' to the Combined Federal Campaign by designating my 'fair share' to the NRA and other Second Ammendment Rights groups. I collect guns having over 50 and have taught my wife, three daughters and six grandkids how to shoot. In fact this past weekend, while out of town helping my Mom celebrate her 87th birthday, 5 of my grandkids took turns shooting clay pigeons off a fence post with a 20g shotgun. My 9 year old grandson, the rest are girls, loved shooting persimmons out of a tree with his bb gun. I hunt and have over 28 bucks and 45 pigs to my credit. So I did not make my original comment in a PC frame of mind.

Back in the late 1960s I too had to look down the wrong end of a rogue cops 357. He was very appologetic when he realized I was not who he thought becaue my 'long' hair was deceiving. Doesn't matter, a gun looks very menacing down the barrell and all it would take is a nervous flinch.........

Thanks again Flapper and Don G.

T.Spoon, DBF and NRA Life Member
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software