Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: The first diesel engines built by Electric Boat for submarines were installed (1913) in the USS NAUTILUS and SEAWOLF, namesakes of the first nuclear powered submarines, also built by Electric Boat.
Hairball, where is you?
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

John396
Posted 2007-11-21 11:59 AM (#9363)
Old Salt

Subject: Hairball, where is you?

Where has our NQP HAIRBALL gone? I miss his humor. John396
crystal
Posted 2007-11-21 1:03 PM (#9364 - in reply to #9363)

Master and Commander

Subject: RE: Hairball, where is you?

Only you could Hintz!  LOL
Ralph Luther
Posted 2007-11-21 2:49 PM (#9374 - in reply to #9363)
COMSUBBBS

Got an email from him the other day. He's alive and well and putting up with some rotten weather right now. He talked about making tentative plans to come South next year for a few weeks and, also, kicking the idea around about retiring--yeah, right.
If he does come this side of the border maybe we could meet somewhere like the Cod and show him and his wife, Rae, our old way of life.
Doc Gardner
Posted 2007-11-21 4:54 PM (#9383 - in reply to #9374)

Master and Commander

Like Ralph I hear from the "polar bear lothario" regularly. He's busy sharpening pencils and preparing for the day when the Danes cross over from Greenland and invade the "Rock" he calls home.
Ric
Posted 2007-11-21 5:27 PM (#9386 - in reply to #9363)

Plankowner

Subject: The only known photo of the Hairball...

Edited by Ric 2007-11-21 5:28 PM
Corabelle
Posted 2007-11-21 5:48 PM (#9387 - in reply to #9386)

COMSUBBBS

Subject: RE: The only known photo of the Hairball...

I knew he would be pretty cute!

Cora

Edited by Corabelle 2007-11-22 8:53 AM
John396
Posted 2007-11-21 6:29 PM (#9388 - in reply to #9363)
Old Salt

Ric,
That picture is quite scareeeey. Could it be from an ice flow heading south? John396
miss lumpy bumps
Posted 2007-11-21 9:13 PM (#9394 - in reply to #9386)

COMSUBBBS

Subject: RE: The only known photo of the Hairball...

OK...is that a "halo" he's sporting (because he has been so "busy)...and do I spy a set of antenna sprouting from the top of his noggin'...because he sure needs them to add to the whole "aura"!!!
Doc Gardner
Posted 2007-11-22 7:12 AM (#9402 - in reply to #9363)

Master and Commander

I heard from Hairball this morning; he's just about chewed through the restraints and ready to start posting again. I guess our host embedded some steel chain in the leather cuffs

(Hairball in Newfoundland.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Hairball in Newfoundland.jpg (52KB - 991 downloads)
John396
Posted 2007-11-22 2:10 PM (#9417 - in reply to #9402)
Old Salt

Geeeezzz,
It must be mid September, only a foot of snow on the ground.----LOL---John396
Hairball
Posted 2007-11-22 4:40 PM (#9424 - in reply to #9363)
Senior Crew

Gasp! Cough! Choke! Splutter Damn! %#@*&! Bloody Torpedomen! Wait for the damn things to drain before opening the inner doors! Yeah, it’s a cheap shower for you, but down here in the bilges it’s up to my Limey nose and I SURE someone’s been peeing in it! But on the other hand, I have learned to swim! Thank you to whoever’s been throwing their sticky buns to me, but can you make sure I can catch them? It’s dark down here and I’m fed-up with soggy buns, including my own.

Yes, the Eternal NQP survives, nearly didn’t make once - Greenpeace tried to roll me back into the sea… note to me: Must lose weight before I go to the beach again.

That pic of me with the mask and goggles – I once went to the bank like that. Boy, did the cops have fun testing my skull for musical qualities, brings a new definition to percussion music. One of them was a retired Boat Chief and he knew exactly how to get a perfect C from the top of my lumpy skull. Years of practice with NQP’s…

Talking of heads… If a guy’s a swine for not putting the seat DOWN for the ladies, why can’t THEY leave it up for us guys? Same effort… Especially for guys my age when going for a leak is always a challenge that takes total concentration. Merely lifting the seat UP uses the last grey cells I need for draining my Number one tube.

Oh the joys of olde age. Worst insult is kids offering you a seat on the bus! And being called sir isn’t because of rank anymore, it’s gentle pity. Aha! But never forget, old-age and cunning beats youth and enthusiasm any day!

OK, this Dink is coming to the States next year to visit my wife’s sister and, by golly, I’m stretching the trip so I can meet some of you guys and that… is going to be a major high-point! I’m not going to babble-on and get mushy, but it means a hell of a lot to me.

STILL working… prowling the icy gloom looking for anyone with a camel and an attitude. OH heck, take away the camel and ALL of us guys (here) have, ‘attitude!’ Surly humor, polluted brain cells - and bodies the same shape as a pear. But they still arm us with sharp pencils, in fact we practice Kung Lo Fo with them, and if you can break the point on a soggy toilet roll you get a Black Lead Belt and swimming lessons in the harbor! Don’t worry though, the pollution keeps you afloat and my years in the Bilges came in handy, I can SWIM in the stuff!

Gotta go, duty calls… nope… it’s my bladder. Sheesh! Always getting it mixed up.

Hairy the slightly odorous.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software