Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: The first boat known to have been navigated under water was built in 1620 by a Dutchman, Cornelius Van Drebbel. Van Drebbel is said to have developed a chemical which would purify the air and allow the crew to stay submerged for extended periods.
A Bunch of interesting papers by Sound resercher Bruce Rule
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

Ric
Posted 2023-09-30 7:09 AM (#104148)

Plankowner

Subject: A Bunch of interesting papers by Sound resercher Bruce Rule

I had the pleasure to meet Bruce Rule at Arlington Cemetery when we buried WW II Vet Ron "Warshot" Smith. After the ceremony we were all milling around in the rainy drizzle and he came and introduced himself to me. But it was wet and and folks were leaving and so was my ride, Ray Stone, so I didn't have the time to really find out who he was.
Bruce has written quite a number of research papers on sub disasters and was the guy who literally wrote the book for the US Navy on SOSUS and how to use it. His best known works are on Thresher and Scorpion.
Here are a whole bunch more on this subject I still need to read: https://www.iusscaa.org/articles/brucerule/

Enjoy!!
Runner485
Posted 2023-10-01 7:31 AM (#104150 - in reply to #104148)

COMSUBBBS

Subject: RE: A Bunch of interesting papers by Sound resercher Bruce Rule

Thanks for posting this Ric. I read his articles about Scorpion and Thresher, very enlightening. Also, read the article written by a "very qualified" submariner. They all offer believable options of the reasons why these boats were lost. But, I feel Rule's articles are the most believable I have ever read.
Ric
Posted 2023-10-01 8:18 AM (#104151 - in reply to #104150)

Plankowner

Subject: RE: A Bunch of interesting papers by Sound resercher Bruce Rule

A number of these papers have been turned into books. I have the one about the Thresher.
There probably wouldn't be SOSUS without Bruce Rule. He did write the book on it for the Navy.
I'd trust his word over and politician or Admiral.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software