Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: The USS SKATE (SSN 578) was the first vessel ever to surface at the North Pole, when on March 17, 1959 she surfaced there to conduct memorial services for the renowned Arctic explorer Sir Hubert Wilkins.
Veterans Day
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

Ric
Posted 2023-11-11 5:49 AM (#104322)

Plankowner

Subject: Veterans Day

Wishing all vets out there A Very Happy and Fulfilling Veterans Day.
Remember all our Brothers and Sisters from ALL wars for their service and sacrifice/s so we can be here today.
Hand Salute! Two! To all my Brothers and Sisters past and Present!
Ric
Sewer Pipe Snipe
Posted 2023-11-11 8:44 AM (#104323 - in reply to #104322)
Master and Commander

Subject: RE: Veterans Day

One day to openly show our continued pride in our Veterans for their service, and three hundred and sixth-four days to quietly remember them all. 
Ric
Posted 2023-11-12 8:08 AM (#104326 - in reply to #104323)

Plankowner

Auburn, Washington 58th Annual Veterans Day Parade. Noted to be the largest such parade west of the Mississippi. The city. at the same time hosts the Washington State High School Marching Band Competition so there can be up two dozen bands or more depending on the year. The city limits the number of entries to about 200 entries. Weather has played a huge part the last few years. Just before the parade started it had been dumping rain since the middle of the night. Just as the parade began the rain stopped. We had our only surviving WW II Sub Vet (97 years young) in the truck pulling our float (would a submarine "float" be called a "sink") We had 5 of us brave the weather standing on the float and 4 more people in the SUV behind us. We were followed by the Bremerton Base USSVI and their newly rebuilt SubVets of WW II float and they had walkers and riders and then the local chapter of the USSVI Motorcycle Club followed them We easily took up a city block with Submariners!!

The parade was live streamed by local TV station KOMO channel 4 The replay is here on YouTube at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cr9PxRkfq0w For those who want to skip ahead move to the 31 minute mark to see us slide on past. I'm the handsome guy saluting the reviewing stand!

Runner485
Posted 2023-11-13 6:35 AM (#104327 - in reply to #104326)

COMSUBBBS

What a great turnout Ric. As far as I know we had nothing like that in Northern Jersey. A proud showing!
Runner485
Posted 2023-11-13 6:37 AM (#104328 - in reply to #104327)

COMSUBBBS

P.S. I forgot,you look pretty good for an old man of 78...Amazing that you can still stand!
Ric
Posted 2023-11-13 8:10 AM (#104329 - in reply to #104328)

Plankowner

They did a good job of hiding that stick up my ass...
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software