Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: John Philip Holland built several submarines before the USS Holland, which became the first undersea craft commissioned by the U.S. Navy. The Holland was purchased on April 11, 1900 for a price of $150,000. It was commissioned into the US Navy on October 12, 1900.
Strange Sink Spots in a Back Yard
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

GaryKC
Posted 2024-01-10 9:02 PM (#104485)

COMSUBBBS

Subject: Strange Sink Spots in a Back Yard

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-d3QZ7qMBto

Sewer Pipe Snipe
Posted 2024-01-11 1:23 AM (#104486 - in reply to #104485)
Master and Commander

Subject: RE: Strange Sink Spots in a Back Yard

I had a friend that used to hunt around for old outhouse sites and dig them up. He found all sorts of bottles, and even one small stash of coins. He had one whole room of recovered bottles. I wonder what happened to them when he passed?
geno
Posted 2024-01-11 11:00 AM (#104487 - in reply to #104485)
Old Salt

Subject: RE: Strange Sink Spots in a Back Yard

When I was on recruiting duty in El Paso, my neighbor (who worked at White Sands) was involved in beer bottle collecting. He had a deal with all the long haul truckers that came to White Sands whereby he would reimburse them for the six packs that they brought from different parts of the U.S. All he wanted was off the wall brands. He would take the best bottle from the pack for his collection and use the other five as trading stock. Apparently there was great interest in this hobby and he had a big collection. If I remember correctly when I left El Paso he had over 200 bottles. There always a little tension between him and his wife as he needed a storage unit to hold most of his collection - apartments with three children ain't that big.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software