Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: Habitability is heavily stressed in the construction of modern submarines. Specially designed color schemes, mechanical conveniences, air conditioning, and the best chow in the Navy are supplied to make the vessels more livable. A full time staff is maintained by Electric Boat Division to work out 'human engineering' problems.
WW I German Floating Dry Dock
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

Gil
Posted 2024-02-08 2:32 PM (#104562)
Master and Commander

Subject: WW I German Floating Dry Dock

May be an image of submarine and text that says 'Surrendered and Brought to Harwich: A German Floating Dock for Testing Submarines. $??a? Owing shallowness W”ters After bing into air-pressure equivalent coasts, SPECIALLY CONSTRUCTED BY THE GERMANS FOR TESTING THEIR SUBMARINES, AND HANDED OVER ACCORDING SUMARINE- -TESTING DOCK, HARWICH. could into submarine through that the water and any depth equired. Men subjected descend THE ARMISTICE: entrance, with PHOTOGRAPH caulk testing, tugs. Our photograph apparent leaks. The and the'
geno
Posted 2024-02-08 4:34 PM (#104563 - in reply to #104562)
Old Salt

Subject: RE: WW I German Floating Dry Dock

For a country that has very little coastline, Germany has been very innovative with the sea. As a non-expert boat sailor historian, I often wonder how WW II (or WW I for that matter) wold have turned out had we had to fight the German Kreigs Marine in the Pacific instead of mostly the Atlantic. Something tells me that if those fighters were in warm waters - oh boy. Just my take. Great picture though.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software