Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: "I don't know why we have to be down here on this hold down exercise(at the 60th hour). Hell, I went through this on the Thresher (SS 200) during WW ll with a Nip Sea Going Tug hooked onto our screw guards, trying to lift our butts out of the water. They didn't get us then, and these Tin Cans (ours) ain't going to get us now." -- "Hambone" Hamilton SD1 (SS). "Hambone" made 13 war patrols on USS Remora, SS-487, uttered these words in July 1957 during a hold down exercise off Kobe Japan.
Easter Obit
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

Coyote
Posted 2024-03-31 5:19 PM (#104688)

Master and Commander

Subject: Easter Obit

https://www.facebook.com/search/top?q=eternal%20patrol%20by%20ussvi

The above link goes to the USSVI (United States Submarine Veterans, Inc.) Facebook page where their members who have gone on “Eternal Patrol” are noted.

I’ll keep my work here going, trying to get others who were not USSVI members. You’re encouraged to look there as well as here! Obviously, there’ll be some I miss and some I duplicate.

Coyote

LOMELI .. .. .. Frank Xavier Lomeli, a cherished husband, father, grandfather, and friend, left this world on March 29, 2024, in Kyle, Texas, at the age of 78. Born on June 30, 1945, in Chicago, Illinois, Frank's life was a testament to the strength and resilience of the human spirit. His journey was marked by dedication to his family, his country, and his community.
Frank's early years were spent in the vibrant neighborhoods of Black Oak Indiana, where he graduated from Black Oak High School in 1962. His thirst for knowledge and love for his country led him to join the Naval reserves at the tender age of 17. Shortly after, he embarked on a distinguished career with the U.S. Navy, where he underwent rigorous submarine training and attended Submarine "A" school, followed by Electronical Technical school. Frank's commitment to service was recognized with numerous honors, including the National Defense Service Medal, Meritorious Unit Commendation, Navy Unit Commendation Ribbon, Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal (Vietnam), and the Vietnam Service Medal.
After his military service, Frank continued to cultivate his intellect, earning a bachelor's degree from the University of Texas at Austin. He later joined the university's IT department, where he was respected for his expertise and dedication. Frank's work ethic and integrity left a lasting impression on his colleagues and those he served throughout his career.
Frank's life was rich with interests that brought joy to himself and those around him. He was an avid gardener, finding peace and contentment in the beauty of nature. Fishing trips, bike rides, and neighborhood strolls collecting cans were among his favorite pastimes. An enthusiastic sports fan, Frank relished in the camaraderie of watching games and loved barbequing.
Frank was a loving and interesting individual, whose handy skills were always ready to help others. He is survived by his loving wife, Guadalupe Lomeli; his children, Frank Xavier Lomeli Jr. and spouse Julia, Catherine Marie Lomeli, Maria Ellena Lomeli, David Xavier Lomeli and spouse Tiffany, Sarah Jacinta Lomeli, and Casandra Virginia Lomeli; and his five granddaughters, Eliza Garcia, Sabrina Lomeli, Sofia Lomeli, Sydney Peek, and Lilianna Lomeli. His legacy will live on through the love and memories he shared with them. Frank was preceded in death by his son Jonathon Frank Lomeli, his mother Virginia Lopez, and his brother Angelo Lomeli.
Frank's life was a beacon strength, and he will be profoundly missed. As we bid farewell to this extraordinary man, we celebrate the indelible mark he has left on the world. His story is one of inspiring service, and the profound impact one person can have on the lives of many. Rest in peace, dear Frank, your legacy will continue to inspire us all.
A Memorial Service is being planned for the near future and will be added to this Tribute Page very soon.
(Ed: QM3(SS) Lomeli served in the Pre-Comm crew of USS RAY with me)
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software