Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: The USS NAUTILUS SSN 571 was the first submarine with a satisfactory single plant that can be used for main propulsion both surfaced and submerged.
"Nother ride in the back of the vehicle with the Red Cross on the side"
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

Warshot
Posted 2008-03-10 3:01 PM (#13716)
WWII Sub Vet

Subject: "Nother ride in the back of the vehicle with the Red Cross on the side"

Yep, that's my third one in six months. Them suckers are COLD and ride rougher than a hay wagon in case you never had a ride in one.

Last Thursday night I went to bed and for the third night in a row I had a hard time breathing when I lay down. Couldn't get a full breath. Wife called 911 and in less that 5 minutes we're on our way to the Emergency Room at the local hospital. Lights flashing, Sireeeen screaming, the whole bit.

They strapped some rig on me that looked like The Man in The Iron Mask. The thing pushed air into your lungs and sucked air out. Kind of a two-way Mumsen Lung. They found a lot of water in my lungs (Water don't breath as good as AIR).

Anyhow, an hour later I was back to normal. They kept me in the "slammer" for three days while they put the bilge pump on my lungs and pumped the rest of the water out of me and checked out some other systems.

At 83 anything is apt to blow-out, and often times does.

Everything is OK now. They gave me some "Water" pills and sent me home this afternoon.

Getting old is the S**TS. But thank God for our AMERICAN medical services.

Warshot
Darrin
Posted 2008-03-10 3:09 PM (#13717 - in reply to #13716)

Great Sage of the Sea

Subject: RE: "Nother ride in the back of the vehicle with the Red Cross on the side"

Good to hear that you are getting better and that hopefully your quacks can get a hold of what is wrong with you and keep you well for a long time to come

Darrin
Roy Ator
Posted 2008-03-10 3:15 PM (#13718 - in reply to #13716)

Great Sage of the Sea

Subject: RE: "Nother ride in the back of the vehicle with the Red Cross on the side"

Getting old is the S**TS. But thank God for our AMERICAN medical services.

You got that right, my friend! Glad to hear your back in battery. Hope to see you at the convention in Fredricksburg next month. I'm less than a decade behind you and the wife and I take full advantage of these great Medical Services as well...
Stoops
Posted 2008-03-10 3:20 PM (#13719 - in reply to #13716)
Master and Commander

Knock that crap off, Warshot! Damn!

Glad to hear you are back home. And yes, we're thankful we have a GREAT AMERICAN MEDICAL SYSTEM! That's part of the legacy our warriors and patriots have left to us. Thanks!
Gil
Posted 2008-03-10 3:29 PM (#13720 - in reply to #13716)
Master and Commander

Wow, five minute response time -- that's unbelievable!
RCK
Posted 2008-03-10 4:28 PM (#13722 - in reply to #13716)
Master and Commander

Knock off that crap ya hear!!. We all know you do it on purpose so you can go to da E.R. just to fondle some good lookin nurse and claim you were delerious at the time!!!!
Don Gentry
Posted 2008-03-10 5:22 PM (#13724 - in reply to #13716)

Admin

Glad to hear you're OK Ron!!!
steamboat
Posted 2008-03-10 6:04 PM (#13728 - in reply to #13724)
Master and Commander

Welcome back aboard, Warshot. Sorry to hear about your problems. That musta been a bummer, i know those ambulances ain't no cushy ride.
BTW I just finished your book. Very good read!!!!
Hang in there, Shipmate!
Steamboat sends
Corabelle
Posted 2008-03-10 6:52 PM (#13731 - in reply to #13716)

COMSUBBBS

Subject: That's just about enough of that,

my friend.

We can't get along without you, so just cut it out, okay?

Oh, Roy, I want to go to Fredericksburg. I do, I do! My husband and I spent one winter there, and I spent an awful lot of time at the Nimitz Museum. Bought several books and pins there for Elmer. And, I could meet you! That's a plus.

Cora

Edited by Corabelle 2008-03-10 6:55 PM
miss lumpy bumps
Posted 2008-03-11 8:01 PM (#13758 - in reply to #13716)

COMSUBBBS

Hi Ron,

Glad to hear that you are doing better. "John Garry" sends his best, also. He's sitting here reading the board with me. I am on the laptop and he has never really "sat" and read postings, just the odd one or two...
I keep telling him he's missing a great time.

NOW, AS FOR YOU, SIR...you take it easy...OK? We want to have you around for a few more decades!
JrKrup, Skimmer
Posted 2008-03-11 9:55 PM (#13760 - in reply to #13758)

Master and Commander

Warshot, you're doing it wrong. First thing you need to do is put a couple strong eye-bolts in the ceiling of your living room. From them, hang a trapeeze, like they have in the circus. You don't need to hang it high up. Then for an hour a day, say while your watching the boob-tube, make like a bat, and hang by your toenails, upside down. (Sorry, I don't know how to type "upside down" upside down. Perhaps if I was in OZZIE land, ...)That way, whatever's on the bottom, will come out the top, and vice versa.

In the mean time, GET BETTER, DAMMIT!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software