Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: "We shall never forget that it was our submarines that held the lines against the enemy while our fleets replaced losses and repaired wounds." -- Fleet Admiral Chester Nimitz
Don G.,
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

Corabelle
Posted 2008-03-10 6:50 PM (#13730)

COMSUBBBS

Subject: Don G.,

Did you get the pictures that I e-mailed you over the weekend? Were they postable?

Cora
Don Gentry
Posted 2008-03-12 6:48 PM (#13786 - in reply to #13730)

Admin

Subject: RE: Don G.,

Yes.... way, way, way swamped right now... sorry.  Will post when I find the time.  Perhaps someone else would volunteer to do it.
Ric
Posted 2008-03-12 8:10 PM (#13790 - in reply to #13786)

Plankowner

Subject: RE: Don G.,

send them to me Don and I'll post them
Ric
Posted 2008-03-13 1:15 PM (#13796 - in reply to #13730)

Plankowner

Subject: Coras Pics

Here are he pics of Elmer at the Sterlet Reunion in 2005.
I had to play with them a bit since someone had tried to "fix" them and I had to fix their fix.

Caption for the top picture: "I was in the head a while ago . . . " He fumbles in his pocket and pulls out a roll of toilet paper.

Bottom picture: " . . . and I made a few notes." At this point he lets the toilet paper roll out onto the floor.

Corabelle
Posted 2008-03-13 7:43 PM (#13813 - in reply to #13730)

COMSUBBBS

Subject: Thanks, Ric -

I know that they're not very clear pictlures, but they are all I've got of that memorable occassion.

From his introduction, he had the crowd in the palms of his hands (so to speak). Trouble was, there was no microphone, and Elmer was a "soft talker." They moved him around among the audience so that every one could hear his stories of the Sterlet during WWII.

Dex's "The few keep getting fewer," reminded me of Elmer's (as he called it) fifteen minutes of fame. He was just about the most popular man there, because he was the only one there that served on the Sterlet during WWII. He was interviewed by the Nashville newspaper (I think it was the TENNESSEEAN, and interviewed once more by our local paper when we returned home.

If you remember, we hooked up with you for the first time, just a day after returning from Nashville, when you were traveling to the east coast to work at the Jullett museum boat.

Speaking of the Russian boat. Has it been raised yet? Or are we waiting for it to deteriorate some more before deciding that it's in too bad a shape to be salvaged?

Thank you again,

Cora

Edited by Corabelle 2008-03-13 7:48 PM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software