Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: USS TRITON, the only American made twin reactor submarine ever built, on May 10, 1960, completed the first totally submerged non-trivial circumnavigation of the world when she followed the route of Ferdinand Magellan for 36,000 miles during 84 days beneath the surface.
Chesapeake Base Bull and Oyster Roast
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

dex armstrong
Posted 2008-03-16 12:12 PM (#13942)

COMSUBBBS

Subject: Chesapeake Base Bull and Oyster Roast

For those of you, who have never attended the Chesapeake SubVets Giagantic Feast, let me say you are missing one of the premier events of the SubVets annual calendar. If you've seen the old Errol Flynn ROBIN HOOD film and remember the feast in Sherwood Forest when they had captured the Sheriff of Nottingham and Robin started checking out Maid Marion...Well the Chesapeake Bull and Oyster Roast is like that Sherwood Forest face-stuff...only bigger and with dancing to a live band. If you miss it...pick up your yellow pages, turn to BUTT KICKERS INTERNATIONAL and have a representative drive over to your house and kick your butt...believe me everyone who misses it will feel like availing themselves of that service. If any of you are going, BJ and I would love to share a table with you. THANKS DEX
dex armstrong
Posted 2008-03-17 9:13 AM (#13977 - in reply to #13942)

COMSUBBBS

Subject: RE: Chesapeake Base Bull and Oyster Roast

You mean there are no Gentry-olians attending the free-for-all feast in Glen Burnie? Nobody going to dance with Big Cam and the Lifters? WOW
Curt
Posted 2008-03-17 10:44 AM (#13980 - in reply to #13942)

Old Salt

Click: http://www.crwflags.com/chesbase/roast.html

Curt
dex armstrong
Posted 2008-03-17 1:01 PM (#13984 - in reply to #13942)

COMSUBBBS

Curt, How'd you do dat? Thanks DEX
Doc Gardner
Posted 2008-03-17 1:31 PM (#13985 - in reply to #13977)

Master and Commander

dex armstrong - 2008-03-17 10:13 AM

You mean there are no Gentry-olians attending the free-for-all feast in Glen Burnie? Nobody going to dance with Big Cam and the Lifters? WOW

Sorry Dex; my dancing days are put on hold until they install the pegleg. The Tinker Toys that serve as my splint can't take all the foot stomping.
Maybe next year;
dex armstrong
Posted 2008-03-17 1:54 PM (#13987 - in reply to #13942)

COMSUBBBS

Doc, There's potato sack racing in the parking lot...polo...grouse shooting...three card monte...hot air balloon rides...bronco busting....$4000 hookers ( thrty nine dollars of that goes to the FEED THE CHILDREN Floundation.)...a moon bounce....a "Dunk the COB" tank, alligator wrestling, a VICTIRIA SECRETS runway show....one arm bandits....strip poker....lectures on useful topics like HOW TO HOLD UP SEVEN-ELEVENS and ice cream trucks....Wine tastings....curling...chess...and apple bobbing. There's something for everybody.
Doc Gardner
Posted 2008-03-18 2:03 AM (#13996 - in reply to #13987)

Master and Commander

Subject: RE: You mean there is..

no follow the bouncing quack? Beeghly and I were looking forward to that event.
Jim M.
Posted 2008-03-18 6:06 AM (#14005 - in reply to #13996)

Great Sage of the Sea

Subject: RE: You mean there is..

Nah...they wouldn't let you through the xray detector...

(quack-sm.gif)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments quack-sm.gif (5KB - 721 downloads)
dex armstrong
Posted 2008-03-18 5:08 PM (#14030 - in reply to #13942)

COMSUBBBS

The Chesapeake Bull and Oyster Roast is an epic production...cast of hundreds, geat food, wonderful live band music. One of the few SubVet functions that the wives actually drag their husbands to. I've been to four and each time I enjoy the damn thing more and more. It is the greatest bargain you'll ever get...endless chow...fantastic chow...and bottomless beer pitchers...great band (BIG CAM and the LIFTERS)...plays all the oldies and makes them sound exactly like the originals...If you live in the DC/Baltimore area and you miss it, you have no idea what you have deprived you and your bride of. DEX
Don Gentry
Posted 2008-03-18 9:39 PM (#14050 - in reply to #13980)

Admin

Man... that's some grubbin' there!
Launcher Lary
Posted 2008-03-19 6:46 AM (#14058 - in reply to #13942)

Senior Crew

Hey DEX ol' buddy...do dey delibber??? If so me and my boiler operator would greatly appreciate an order with every thing, even the beer (we'll hit that after watch), if not, eat a good heapin' portion for me....

Billy Bob (Duty Engineer - off going)
dex armstrong
Posted 2008-03-19 11:01 AM (#14080 - in reply to #13942)

COMSUBBBS

Don, You ever see a boatsailor pass up a chow bonanza? The Bull and Oyster Roast that Chesapeake Base puts on is like the Chowhound's Olympic try outs. You've got guys turning up who pack away food like a hydraulic garbage compaction truck....Great evening....filled with submarine humor, wonderful women....,a great dance band, fantastic food and very convivial people.....and best of all, it's an opportunity to support a fine SubVets base. DEX
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software