Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: The Grampus and Pike were commissioned in ceremonies at Mare Island the same day, Thursday, the 28th of May 1903. A young naval officer, Lieutenant Arthur MacArthur III, older brother of General Douglas MacArthur, assumed command for both vessels at the same time.
Vista program (NSR)...
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

miss lumpy bumps
Posted 2008-03-19 6:10 AM (#14056)

COMSUBBBS

Subject: Vista program (NSR)...

Does anyone out here have this new program? If so, I have a problem with the "Mail" program. I haven't checked it out this morning, could be just a minor glitch, but when I try to "send out" email,
I get an error code. I tried to "Google" it, but it's coming up with info on Outlook Express...
Also, my ISP, Optimum, has just "reformatted" their web mail, we have the option to change our
present email addresses to "optimum.net" instead of "optonline.net"...I am not about to go that
route right now. HMMM???

Could use some help here, if anyone has any thoughts.

Thanks.
Roy Ator
Posted 2008-03-19 6:49 AM (#14059 - in reply to #14056)

Great Sage of the Sea

Subject: RE: Vista program (NSR)...

When my tower crashed several months back, I was really dreading having to experience the shift to Vista from MS XP PRO. I found the transition to be be very smooth. Didn't experience the horrid pot holes that I'd heard about. I use the Firefox/Thunderbird team from Mozilla for internet service. After several months, I've quit watching for the pot holes. Negative on any mail problems.
miss lumpy bumps
Posted 2008-03-19 7:15 AM (#14062 - in reply to #14059)

COMSUBBBS

Subject: RE: Vista program (NSR)...

Hi Roy,

Thanks for the comeback. I called Optimum. I had wrong setting for my outgoing mail. Since we are using Sprint card, the outgoing had to be set up to their link,
if that's what you want to call it. I had the wrong "port number" for outgoing mail. It's working fine now. As I said in earlier post, am willing to give the program a chance...and I do find that if there is a problem, the resources are out there to resolve it. I guess I am getting a "little geekified"...that's what Garry has now taken to calling me!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software