Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: The USS Blenny SS 324, on her last patrol of WW II sank 63 vessels. One by torpedo and 62 by deck gunfire, demolition charges set by boarding parties or by burning. On several occasions shotguns were fired through the boats bottoms. These were all vessels under the 500 ton JANAC limit for tonnage sunk and not counted in the "official" totals or ships sunk. This is also a record for the most vessels ever sunk by a submarine on one patrol.
I am getting a lot of Lockwood Base e-mails, but can't get in
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

dex armstrong
Posted 2008-03-23 2:55 PM (#14205)

COMSUBBBS

Subject: I am getting a lot of Lockwood Base e-mails, but can't get in

I am getting a blizzard of Lockwood post notifications...but don't have an ID and password...I feel like that old song..."Open de do' Richard and let me in." Someone plesse provide the requisite OPEN SESEME code. Much obliged. DEX
dex armstrong
Posted 2008-03-23 3:14 PM (#14207 - in reply to #14205)

COMSUBBBS

Subject: RE: I am getting a lot of Lockwood Base e-mails, but can't get in

I think John Bay registered me. I unravelled to secret code...Actually after getting the registration notification...Zippy, the retarded monkey could have figured it out. In the words of Mrs. Finny, my second grade teacher...don't give up and ask for help until you've explored all the possibilities...I was ten before I figured out the complexities of shoe lace tying and twelve before I got a grasp of wristwatch reading and the mechanical features of light switches, refrigerator door handle operation....use of Kleenex...fastening those goofy gahlosh buickles....dental floss...the total zipper concept....use of sunglasses....umbrellas and food conveyance tableware. Actually the Lockwood Internet Base complicated security entrance requirements no longer require advanced degrees in computer technology and the drinking of copious amounts of rooster blood. DEX
Stoops
Posted 2008-03-23 4:42 PM (#14211 - in reply to #14205)
Master and Commander

Subject: open de door, Richard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Damn, that brought back some memories. Many years ago, here in Houston there was a radio station that played that great music from the 40's and 50's. Couple of great DJs, too. Scott Arthur, and Don something or other (I'm sorry Don!) and I'd listen to them just about every evening.....then they got dropped off FM to AM, but were still there playing Big Bands and all the stuff you and I grew up listening to. I thought they would be there forever....evidently not.....You can't find but one or two stations worth listening to. There is an FM station that plays what you might call classic country...if you like that....but the rest of the selection on radio is pretty limited unless you like to hear the sounds of cats being dissected alive, or the roseanne doing the national anthem....

I'm realizing I'm an old curmudgeon now, but holy smokes.....I long for the days where you could turn on your radio and listen to a song that you could hear and understand the words to. And when some thought went into the lyrics. And the lyrics didn't try to shock you....just entertain you. Maybe there is actually some good music buried out there in the modern stuff....I don't know...I don't want to have to put up the the auditory offenses to try to find it....

I'm going to go back to my study, and put on some old scratchy vinyls.....even with the scratches....it's still good music.....that no one knows how to write these days.....

Now, open de door, Richard!

crystal
Posted 2008-03-23 5:56 PM (#14218 - in reply to #14205)

Master and Commander

Subject: RE: I am getting a lot of Lockwood Base e-mails, but can't get in

Since you didn't ask, some of the music sites that I favor are;

(#1http://chu65nang67.us/nam/vietnam.html

(#2http://www.weezye.com/

(#3http://www.6thcorpsmusic.us/

And for finding music/songs of most any kind;

http://www.winmxworld.com/

(AND no matter what one tells you, there is a fairly easy way of being able to download any song from these sites (whether it says so or not - ask Pargo Bill!).

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software