Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: A submarine often navigates by sound when submerged. Sound can travel 3,000 nautical miles or more through water.
Montana Threatens To Sucede From The Union
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

RCK
Posted 2008-03-23 8:20 PM (#14219)
Master and Commander

Subject: Montana Threatens To Sucede From The Union

INFORMATION ONLY NOT TRYING TO START A DONNEYBROOK

http://washingtontimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080225/NATION/757685551/1002
Stoops
Posted 2008-03-23 8:45 PM (#14220 - in reply to #14219)
Master and Commander

Subject: RE: Montana Threatens To Sucede From The Union

I'd be tempted to move there....except that depending on the election, we would end up with another Janet Reno who would declare war on Montana and pull another Federal Waco....... and thereby start the second American Revolution....
For all her spirit, Montana is naive.....The feds have already proven they can and will kill innocent women and children in order to enforce their mandates...and the irresponsible disconnect between slick willy and Janet reno show how easy it is to let that happen.......AND GET AWAY WITH IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Corabelle
Posted 2008-03-23 9:04 PM (#14221 - in reply to #14220)

COMSUBBBS

Subject: Close your eyes, Steamboat!

Russell Means has already threatened to remove his Sioux Indians in South Dakota (and wherever) from the Union, saying that they will form their own new country.. I was wondering where he might go...Montana is a neighboring state, so there you go, Russ.

Actually, when he said that anyone who wanted could be a member of his new country, and they wouldn't have to pay any taxes, I was tempted to look him up. He's mercurial, though. You think he's here; then he isn't.

This is a joke, people. The part about me going with him. He's scary-looking - well, he was when he was younger, but someone wrote a letter to the editors of our local paper, recently and said, Russell's time is past.

Damn!!

Oh, I almost forgot - I'll drink to that!

Cora

Edited by Corabelle 2008-03-24 11:29 AM
Sewer Pipe Snipe
Posted 2008-03-24 3:57 AM (#14224 - in reply to #14219)
Master and Commander

Subject: RE: Montana Threatens To Secede From The Union

Is it wrong to expect the Court to render a decision based upon fact, and not political correctness? There have been many legal Schlors that have stated it to be an individual right. Many of those individuals are anti-gun proponents. Now where do I sign to join the Montana Navy? I'm sure they have a sub somewhere that needs a crew.
dex armstrong
Posted 2008-03-24 10:24 AM (#14234 - in reply to #14219)

COMSUBBBS

I'm a hardcore RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS advocate....also from a state that has practical experience with attempting to leave the Union. Here are a couple of facts it would be wise to consider before declaring Montanan Independence....The Union you would be thumbing your nose at DOES HAVE WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION and a helluva lot more heavily armed Yankees than it did in the years 1861-65 most of whom carry automatic weapons and probably couldn't find Montana on a map, but will show up evantually.. If you lose your bid for independence, you'll be politically disinfranchised and the government will probably use the oportunity to resettle displaced Iraqi's all over your state and you'll be up to your armpits in Ialamic carpetbaggers, illegal aliens and folks selling you bullwhips, bows and arrows and Whammo slingshots, to replace your 30-30's and 44 cal. Rugers. Mercenaries will appear to hunt down your hunting rifle stashes and direct Mosque attendance vehicular trafficunsavory elements, like skinheads. KKK, the pseudo NAZI jerks and the Meet-in-the-woods-Screwball Militia Cults will adopt the flag of Montana as their symbol of hatred and difiance...and that folks will hurt far more than you could imagine. Montaqna will become the target of national derision, the subject of jest and malicious comment and viewed as a bunch of unpatriotic traitors....It happens and has, take my word. Your history will be written by the victors and only contain their point of view...and your children will be taught that you were at best totally misguided at worst traitors against the concept of a UNITED brotherhood of STATES. Believe me, no matter how justified and just your cause, you will go down in the cold pages of history aqs malcfontents and bad guys,...and your downline generations will be taught that from the very schools your taxes built. Before you start digging trenches and field fortifications....mounting 50 cals on your vehicles, tractors and school buses...Before you call out the Guard, Cattlemans' Association, The Blackfoot Congress, The Sons and Daughters of Wounded Knee, The Butte Bowling League, the scouts and the Sons of Norway...just remember, the Yankees have a lot of sneaky-peepie drone planes, guided munitions that can run right up the void between your hippockets, night vision stuff and SEALS, Rangers, Special Forces and lady paratroops....and Halaburton contract personnel who will duct tape you in a very uncomfortable worn out Lazy-Boy and make you listen to endless Porter Wagoner songs...until your brain turns to Jello. Please reconsider....give up your guns...give up shooting Bambi and cute little ducks....trade your weaponry, hunting rifles and buy Victoria Secrets fashions, purse stun guns and preprogramed 911 cell phones....and attack trained cocker spaniels. The loss of arguments with the CENTRAL GOVERNMENT can be both costly in blood and treasure and emasculating. We tried it and in so doing, became authyorities on the consequences. DEX
Corabelle
Posted 2008-03-24 11:43 AM (#14236 - in reply to #14234)

COMSUBBBS

Subject: You're right, Dex!

I think it would be folly for Montana to separate themselves from the Union. Not for the reasons, you state, however.

I don't think the private citizens should have to give up their "right to bear arms."

Montana, the "Big Sky Country," is a beautiful state, with breath-taking mountains. One year, billboards around our city proclaimed, "Now that you've seen the Hills, come to Montana and see the Mountains." I-90 goes right through the state, which is one of the largest states in the union (therefore easy to find), and is connected to northern South Dakota. The site of Custer's Last Stand* is just across the line from Wyoming, the Cowboy State.

*Custer's Last Stand is not a politically correct term now, but I can't remember what it's called today. Oh, I think I remember now - it's the Battle of the Little Big Horn.

Come see us. I'll give you a personal tour.

Cora

Edited by Corabelle 2008-03-24 10:36 PM
Smiley
Posted 2008-03-24 1:14 PM (#14238 - in reply to #14219)
Great Sage of the Sea

The seperation won't last for long.. Just imagine the Tarriff the US Govmnt would put on the import of dental floss..
Montana would not be able to survive the higher costs of exporting dental floss.. They may want to consider the fact that they are also land locked.. everything going or coming must pass through or over the US of A...
steamboat
Posted 2008-03-24 3:09 PM (#14248 - in reply to #14219)
Master and Commander

Now isn't that interesting..... STATES RIGHTS! Now the Yankees know what brought on the War of Yankee Agression! Wouldn't it be interesting if the Northern States suceeded from the Southern States?
Steamboat sends
Corabelle
Posted 2008-03-24 10:26 PM (#14257 - in reply to #14248)

COMSUBBBS

Subject: Gosh, Steamboat...

...I thought we'd already determined who fired the first shot. Yankee aggression, indeed

Cora
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software