Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: NAUTILUS has long been touted as the first Nuclear powered submarine. In fact, she was the first nuclear powered "anything". Nothing that moves was ever propelled by nuclear power before NAUTILUS.
SITPEP on Warshot
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

Stoops
Posted 2008-03-27 4:58 PM (#14333)
Master and Commander

Subject: SITPEP on Warshot

Gil...

How is the crusty ol' sailor doing? Thanks for any information you can provide!

Al right all you perverts....I can't type....that's supposed to be SITREP, no SITPEP...... Sheesh......

Edited by Stoops 2008-03-27 4:59 PM
Sargosailor
Posted 2008-03-27 5:12 PM (#14335 - in reply to #14333)

Senior Crew

Subject: RE: SITPEP on Warshot

Not ends with a t just in case you forgot.
Sammy
Flapper
Posted 2008-03-27 5:31 PM (#14336 - in reply to #14333)

Master and Commander

Subject: What the hey! Let's have a SITREP on PEP

Stoops - 2008-03-27 5:58 PMGil...How is the crusty ol' sailor doing? Thanks for any information you can provide!Al right all you perverts....I can't type....that's supposed to be SITREP, no SITPEP...... Sheesh......

We know what you MEANT to type! But you're typo caused me to wonder about another shipmate we haven't heard from in a while.
Anyone know what's happening with Pep?
Darrin
Posted 2008-03-27 6:13 PM (#14337 - in reply to #14333)

Great Sage of the Sea

Speakin of PEP how is Hairy/Aaron doing??? haven't seen him post in a LOOooooong time but then again I was gone for a long time also.
Doc Gardner
Posted 2008-03-28 2:24 AM (#14342 - in reply to #14333)

Master and Commander

You better get the word to PEP that you changed the command. He's real good at following orders and I can just imagine PEP and his band of Bassetts sitting on good ol' Warshot.
Ralph Luther
Posted 2008-03-28 5:37 AM (#14345 - in reply to #14333)
COMSUBBBS

Darrin, Hairball is alive and well. Up to his armpits in snow and ice and working in a new capacity.
Darrin
Posted 2008-03-28 8:55 AM (#14349 - in reply to #14333)

Great Sage of the Sea

Thanks Ralph, I have a really old email addy on him and was wondering if he had fallen off of he face of the earth (or at least Newfoundland)
PEP
Posted 2008-03-28 2:10 PM (#14355 - in reply to #14337)

Senior Crew

Thanks Flapr for membering me. Haven't been feeling all that great here lately. Jumped on the scales and figured something isn't quite right again. down to 143lbs and am scheduled for another trip down to Fort Miley for the both end attitude adjustment. Twice a year so I've got good odd's of catching things early on if my luck goes that way. I think positive, try to do something everyday that is positive and eat from the metabolic circle from the inside out but still damn careful of just what I put in my mouth. Haven't had a bout of chow getting stuck for 5 months due credit on how I learned to swallow all over again. Can't take that for granted no mo! Spend most of my time in bed it seems because that and a several hot showers are the only ways I have of keeping my skinny ass warm. Once I'm cold I'm real cold and it takes some time to get uncold again.
The my router went hens**t and was down for 4 days and thought I was gonna go thru withdrawals but the new one came in last night FexEx and all is well again. Just catching up on all the neat BS on the several BBS's that I tend to lurk on anymore than getting involved because I just can't fast enough to keep up with youse guys.
Still above ground and counting the days to the 2009 reunion in SD!
PEP
Darrin
Posted 2008-03-28 2:20 PM (#14357 - in reply to #14333)

Great Sage of the Sea

Good to see you posting again PEP also been wondering how you have been and praying that you were still fighting the good fight

Darrin
Ralph Luther
Posted 2008-03-28 4:16 PM (#14361 - in reply to #14333)
COMSUBBBS

Hey PEP, I have some bad circulation in both of my legs and like you when my legs get cold it is some kind of miserable. What helps me is I wear some wool soxes to bed. the ones a size too large seem to be the best. I also use an electric blanket turned on low. I don't know if you've tried it but it works pretty well for me.
Hang in there Dude. There are a lot of Shipmates here in your corner hoppin and a prayen fur ya.

Edited by Ralph Luther 2008-03-28 4:16 PM
RCK
Posted 2008-03-28 4:38 PM (#14367 - in reply to #14333)
Master and Commander

I don't know how bad Pep's circulation is but a word to the wise. Some folks with vascular insuffiency may not be able to tolearate external heat which can increase the demand for more blood supply to the legs. If the arterial narrowing won't allow enough blood flow to keep up with the increased demand for blood then tissue damage can occur and lead to amputation in some cases. Talk to your doc before trying warm soaks or electeic blankets. Not trying to be a smart ass just recommending precaution.
PEP
Posted 2008-03-28 10:01 PM (#14384 - in reply to #14367)

Senior Crew

HOLY SMOKES! Seems like anything you do to help one situation has consequenses which turn to bad in like the wrong thing to do.
Nope, I think thats why I try and not sweat the small s**t, take it easy and one day at a time and to appreciate my situation because so many others have it so much worse. There are times that I get the OH poor me giveas**ts but like everything else time fixes that too. What I do know is God takes care of drunks and old boat sailors for sure. I've got a caring lady that can overlook or rather deal with all my baggage and a little plump 6yr old female basset who loves to snuggle up to me under the covers right up against my theighs. Clystie has her own bedroom because she has to have the windows open and I can't handle the cold. Other than that life is pretty damn good! No complaints just the facts mam. aka Sgt Joe Friday
PEP
louverhead
Posted 2008-03-29 1:04 PM (#14399 - in reply to #14333)
Mess cooking

Hey Pep, you are the one I need to talk to. On the 18th of March, my doctor said I lost 20 lbs in 3 months. 245 to 215. Went for a CatScan on the 19th and he called me on the 20th and said I have cancer in right & left lung, colon and liver. My cancer Dr. told me cancer was in-operable. I have to see the colonoscopy dr. on Monday. After I get scoped then he will know whether to use Chemo or Radiation or both???? My appetite is ziltch. Wearing socks to bed to keep feet warm. Turned in all my gear to NJ South told them to appoint an acting COB. I'm trying to make 79 in June if the good Lord helps me. Any prayers from you guys would be appreciated.
Darrin
Posted 2008-03-29 1:23 PM (#14403 - in reply to #14333)

Great Sage of the Sea

Louverhead, I am sorry that your cancer is inoperable.... There are many whom have beat the inoperable cancer before, you are in my prayers tonight and for a long time to come shipmate.

Darrin
Ralph Luther
Posted 2008-03-30 5:48 AM (#14421 - in reply to #14333)
COMSUBBBS

Hey Louverhead,
Our prayers are there for you Shipmate. Try and keep a positive outlook although it may be difficult at times.
RCK
Posted 2008-03-30 3:56 PM (#14433 - in reply to #14399)
Master and Commander

Hey Bud, you know we all are pulling for you to get well. Iknow it feels like a lonely journey but your pals are right beside you all the way. May The Good Lord bless and heal you.
PEP
Posted 2008-03-30 6:34 PM (#14437 - in reply to #14399)

Senior Crew

HOLY s**t! I'm hearing this more and more, maybe like the VA would like me to believe it;s just a coincendence among sub sailors but. . .

I've been thru the whole cha cha and it ain't fun. Have tried almost every so called cure I've gotten wind of BUT go to this web side and read up on ESSIAC,

http://www.essiacinfo.org/

It's totally organic but what it's supposed to do is to acygenate the blood which inturn so I'm told will defeat almost any kind of bacteria in your body. You take a couple doeses before bed because your body works the hardest to heal while you sleep. Like I say, I was just told about it and am going to the health food store in the AM and get all the ingredients and begin a 30day evolution. Prayer is another non scientifically proven method of cure and I believe in God can cure anything. It can't be any harder on you than Chemo. I've begun to lose weight again also and am going south to the VAMC here shortly for the complete tune-up looksee and if it turns out positive I've pretty much made my mind up that I'm not going thru that crap again. Thats the closest to death one can come without crossing over. This is about all I can offer you I'm so sorry to say. My life changed immediately when I was first told and I feel I'm a far better person for it. Think positive because it isn't necessarily a death sentence. If the power of prayer didn't work I seriously doubt I would be pounding on the keyboard right now! Please keep all of us here on the BBS informed as to your situation.
As people have said here in the past, you're not alone in this evolution. a whole lot of other people are in your corner. You will be on our local prayer chain this evening.
May God touch you as he has so many others and lelieve you of this nasty illness !
PEP
PEP
Posted 2008-03-30 6:55 PM (#14439 - in reply to #14399)

Senior Crew

Neil check your inbox or email

PEP
Coyote
Posted 2008-03-30 7:42 PM (#14440 - in reply to #14399)

Master and Commander

louverhead - 2008-03-29 3:04 PM

Hey Pep, you are the one I need to talk to. On the 18th of March, my doctor said I lost 20 lbs in 3 months. 245 to 215. Went for a CatScan on the 19th and he called me on the 20th and said I have cancer in right & left lung, colon and liver. My cancer Dr. told me cancer was in-operable. I have to see the colonoscopy dr. on Monday. After I get scoped then he will know whether to use Chemo or Radiation or both???? My appetite is ziltch. Wearing socks to bed to keep feet warm. Turned in all my gear to NJ South told them to appoint an acting COB. I'm trying to make 79 in June if the good Lord helps me. Any prayers from you guys would be appreciated.

Sorry to hear of your troubles. Hopefully they can find where it started so they know what kind it is and can then go after it. Sometimes radiation can reduce the size to where it can be operated on.

I was luckier; during a routine colonoscopy, they found a cancerous tumor. Surgery removed it, now I'm heading into chemotherapy. It's a real shock to be told you're a cancer patient.

You're in my prayers.

Coyote

Ralph Luther
Posted 2008-03-31 5:33 AM (#14448 - in reply to #14333)
COMSUBBBS

Owen, our prayers are there for you too, Shipmate. Keep us posted on your progress.
As we get older and systems begin to fail it makes me think maybe we should have all become Monks so we'd really know how to pray. Thank goodness the good Lord has mercy on us.
PEP
Posted 2008-03-31 8:39 PM (#14485 - in reply to #14448)

Senior Crew

maybe we should have all become Monks

Ralph are you kidding me? And miss all that education that you couldn't even buy no how? I wouldn't change a thing, cancer and all. I have no regrets other than some piddley stuff that I would have like to have done but not a big deal. The wisdom I'm positive everyone of us got is priceless and I absolutely positively know that I have become a much better person not necessarily because of my service but because of the responsibility, the commraderie, complete trust of shipmates and now my boy who will be able to retire in 6.5yrs is sounding more and more like me who in turn I was told that I was beginning to be my father without the nasty PTSD from WWII that he carried all his life from 17yrs old to his death at 77. I now can accept his actions but will never really understand the why part. He was so smart that at times he was almost stupid like I asked him once why he acted the way he did to family and if nothing positive can come from your actions or what you say why in hell do it in the first place. For every action there is an equal and corresponding reaction like it or not!
Time to go horizontal I think. My mind has just gone on auto which tells me to shut the hell up and go to bed. Feet all swollen which is my main indicator so on that note. . . .
I wouldn't one stinkin memory for all the tea in China!
PEP
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software