Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: "Like the destroyer, the submarine has created its own type of officer and man with language and traditions apart from the rest of the service, and yet at the heart unchangingly of the Service” -- Rudyard Kipling, The Fringes of the Fleet, 1915
For the Mets fans among us!
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

Runner485
Posted 2008-04-01 5:07 AM (#14491)

COMSUBBBS

Subject: For the Mets fans among us!

With one win under our belts and only 160 or so games left to prove that last years finish was an anomaly, I hope. Hope springs eternal!!!!
PaulR
Posted 2008-04-01 5:54 AM (#14492 - in reply to #14491)

Master and Commander

Subject: RE: For the Mets fans among us!

Runner485 - 2008-04-01 8:07 AM  Hope springs eternal!!!!

Better..."Live in HOPE...die in despair"...more accurate.

Good luck
Tom McNulty
Posted 2008-04-01 8:23 AM (#14498 - in reply to #14491)

Master and Commander

We transplants to Delaware have a choice. We can remain loyal to the teams we knew in NYC or we can flip a coin between the Orioles or Phillies. It's being between the rock and the hard place. Just don't go to any of the local firehouse beef and beers and start rooting for the Mets or Yankees. They will either say, "who's that" or break out the tar and feathers. And believe me, where you live there are plenty of feathers.
RCK
Posted 2008-04-01 8:47 AM (#14499 - in reply to #14491)
Master and Commander

I can't fathom all the pissin and moanin about your favorite team. I'M A CUBS FAN!!! WE GOT SOMETHIN TO GRIPE ABOUT!!! Any and all sympathy appreciated
Runner485
Posted 2008-04-01 9:52 AM (#14502 - in reply to #14498)

COMSUBBBS

Tom McNulty - 2008-04-01 8:23 AMWe transplants to Delaware have a choice. We can remain loyal to the teams we knew in NYC or we can flip a coin between the Orioles or Phillies. It's being between the rock and the hard place. Just don't go to any of the local firehouse beef and beers and start rooting for the Mets or Yankees. They will either say, "who's that" or break out the tar and feathers. And believe me, where you live there are plenty of feathers.

Tom, Imagine watching the Orioles games of their past, when they were winning. This is on tv every night . The Bawlmer fans have nothing to look forward to since the 60's-70's. I'd rather watch paint dry! The Phillies haven't been good since Richie Ashburn and Robin Roberts played for them in the 50's, and after they beat the Mets last year I officially hate them forever!!!

And to RCK who is a Cubs fan....get a life and a new team. The Cubs ain't gonna win a Champeenship, until Ernie Banks is dug up and re-planted at 1st. base. Now there was a CUB. So, to  baseball fans all over the USofA, Good luck this year!

P.S. Maybe the Cubbies will win their division
Park Dallis
Posted 2008-04-01 11:39 AM (#14504 - in reply to #14491)

Old Salt

Subject: The last time Hope sprang for Mets fans...

It was 23 years ago today.  April 1, 1985.

The Saga of Sidd Finch.

Go Braves!
Smiley
Posted 2008-04-01 12:26 PM (#14512 - in reply to #14499)
Great Sage of the Sea

RCK - 2008-04-01 11:47 AM

I can't fathom all the pissin and moanin about your favorite team. I'M A CUBS FAN!!! WE GOT SOMETHIN TO GRIPE ABOUT!!! Any and all sympathy appreciated

I'm a lifelong Red Sox fan and my favorite Nat lg team is the Cubs. Talk about long dry spells.. Well the Sox broke out in 2004 and 2007.. I think the Cubs are due now don't you? I'm gettin used to being a fan of a top dog...I'm actually looking at the Indians as our main rivals in the American League now with the recent but wonderful demise of the Yankees and the White Sox. We always had the Celtics up here and most recently the Patriot's but Baseball is my first love.. The SuperBowl this year was like watching my sisters fight, Most of us old guy Connecticut Yankees are old Giants fans that got on the Patriot Bandwagon back in the late 60s.
Talk about mixed emotions we win! we lose! no no we win! no we lose!!...

My Dad was a Boston Braves fan.. he stayed with them through Milwakee and onto Atlanta.. Before he passed away he would tease me about the fact he got to watch all the Braves games on TNT and I got one or two Sox games a week on my local TV ( That was before God gave us NESN around here).. He strongly dispised the Dodgers as well as the Mets and was the biggest NY Giant Football fan I knew.. That's the beauty of living in no man's land sports wise.

Edited by Smiley 2008-04-01 12:34 PM
Runner485
Posted 2008-04-02 5:39 AM (#14547 - in reply to #14504)

COMSUBBBS

Subject: RE: The last time Hope sprang for Mets fans...

What a great story Park. Thanks for sharing that. Siddhartha may have been the next Dali Lama incarnate pitching for the Mets.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software