Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: Records for enemy shipping sunk by U.S. submarines during World War II are held by two boats built by Electric Boat. The USS FLASHER sank 100,231 tons of Japanese shipping, while the USS TAUTOG holds the record for the most ships - 26.
Got a question and a reaction
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

PEP
Posted 2008-04-03 9:51 AM (#14587)

Senior Crew

Subject: Got a question and a reaction

1) This morning is the second morning after taking two doses of that Essiac tea mixture just before bedtime on an empty stomach and boy it sure is doing something to both Clystie and I. She's swollen on her left side, I mean left side of her face, arm, leg, and foot and she ISN'T hurting like she usually does in the morning. I'm feeling, hard to put into words now, but good, different good. Like I was told you'll fit begin to feel not so good then lousy then it'll hit hard before expelling the bad crap outta ya.
2) Clystie wants to know if anyone else sleeps weird like I do meaning I sleep just like I did on the boats, in one position all night.
I sleep on my back usually with arms crossed and I don't move a mussle all night long until I wake up. Guess it's just a habit I got into and never broke. To turn over I had to get outta the rack and climb back in on my stomach.
She thinks it's really wierd and I don't know, maybe it is weirid. Anyone else sleep like this?
PEP
Doc Gardner
Posted 2008-04-03 2:10 PM (#14589 - in reply to #14587)

Master and Commander

Subject: RE: Got a question and a reaction

PEP: I sleep the same way and it sure is paying dividends with my current leg condition. I can crawl out of bed and have it looking like it was never slept in just by pulling the sheet and blanket taut and tucking in one corner. I guess some habits have long term value.
Darrin
Posted 2008-04-03 3:55 PM (#14592 - in reply to #14587)

Great Sage of the Sea

The first couple of years after leaving the boats I slept like that which used to piss my ex wife off, now I have HER califorina king water bed and honestly at 6'3" I can turn all the way around on that bed.. It is not unusual for me to start on the far right side(her side) to be sidways across the bed at the head of the bed only to wake up laying catty corner from her side to my side.. now on a Navy bunk I will still to this day lay on my back and keep my arms crossed and snore like hell..(ask those brave fools who stayed on Torsk last year when I took over the CO's qtrs.... They prompted me to have a sleep study done which turned out that I stopped breathing 45 times an hour and that my snoring was violent and that they were suprised that I was able to go to work the next day.. BTW IF you have been diagnosed with Sleep Apnea and have the CPAP machine in your home right now it is 50% disability from the VA......
louverhead
Posted 2008-04-04 3:02 PM (#14622 - in reply to #14587)
Mess cooking

There is a viewing this evewning in Berverly, NJ for a member of NJ South. His name was Tom Hopely III and I'm pretty sure he was on the USS Diablo SS-479. He would show up at the meetings and sit in the 1st row just to my left as I was COB. He was one hell of a guy. He died on March 29, 2008 down the shore while sleeping. They told me it was sleep apnea. He was 74 years old. Sailor, sail in peace. Amen.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software