Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: "They also serve those who only stand and wait" - Eleanor Rickover, quoting Milton's "On His Blindness"
Didja ever wonder--
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

Warshot
Posted 2008-04-05 8:07 AM (#14649)
WWII Sub Vet

Subject: Didja ever wonder--

Did you ever stop and wonder about that girl you had the hots for 40 to 60 years ago?

If she's still alive what would she look like ?

You might pass her in broad daylight and not recognize her.

Think about it. I have many times about several women "I have known and loved".

Warshot
steamboat
Posted 2008-04-05 8:22 AM (#14650 - in reply to #14649)
Master and Commander

Subject: RE: Didja ever wonder--

Well Warshot, ol' buddy, I reckon you are on the mend if'n you got wimmens on yer mind!
To answer your question, personally i did not have the opportunity to "love 'em and leave 'em" like others I know!
Steamboat sends
Roy Ator
Posted 2008-04-05 10:16 AM (#14656 - in reply to #14649)

Great Sage of the Sea

No recognition problem for me. The one I was dating 52 years ago is still with me!
Bear
Posted 2008-04-05 11:34 AM (#14663 - in reply to #14649)

Great Sage of the Sea

still with the High School sweet heart here as well almost 41 years later, amazingly it was 40 years ago this month I enlisted in Delayed Entry Program, reporting to Glakes on the 4th of July 1968
whalen
Posted 2008-04-05 1:57 PM (#14673 - in reply to #14649)

Great Sage of the Sea

Hmmm, 40 yrs ago, 1968, we could be talking about some sub sailor having the hots for my (ex) wife while I was on an FBM patrol.  Talk about being "brothers of the 'phin"...  some of us could have more than one reason to be "brothers"....

But then, after getting off the boat, and haunting the same joints (Fiddlers, The Grotto, the Groton Holiday Inn (for the O's spouses) etc.) I got to know some of the blue crew wives pretty well....  But you guys are still my brothers....

GaryKC
Posted 2008-04-05 2:21 PM (#14675 - in reply to #14649)

COMSUBBBS

Oh great, thanks Warshot...my medications manual states " If wonderings persist in excess of four hours, consult a....

(Screws_and_Plates1.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Screws_and_Plates1.jpg (43KB - 810 downloads)
Smiley
Posted 2008-04-05 2:25 PM (#14676 - in reply to #14649)
Great Sage of the Sea

Gee Warshot that's some operation you had sir.. You sound like Willie Nelson & that Julio Iglasious fella..
" For all da girls I loved before" I gave em some but they wanted more" I loved em in the park and on da floor... for all da girls I loved before.. For all da girls I met on lib er ty.... they stole my heart and my car key.. I wish I had the time to see ,... that it wasn't as good for her as it was for me..
No I remember that itch... yes the one I got from Lulu Savitch.. in some port of call so faaar away.. I payed the price for my love play..
All together now follow the bouncing ball.. For allllllll da girls I loved before... I remember them all even Zsa Zsa Gabore!!! For sure you know I'd go back for more... If only they would unlock my door......
I'm still with my HS sweety since 1969...
docbeeghly
Posted 2008-04-06 5:19 AM (#14686 - in reply to #14649)
Senior Crew

Yep Warshot, I've often wondered all those things, and there were a bunch of them ( THEM AND THE BEER WAS WHAT KEPT ME RESTRICTED MOST OF MY NAVAL CAREER) i ONLY KNOW FOR SURE WHAT TWO OF THEM LOOK LIKE TODAY. The first one I married 55 years ago (The mother of my children) and the one I have at present.
the beagle doc
Blue from West Oz
Posted 2008-04-06 5:52 AM (#14687 - in reply to #14649)

Master and Commander

Subject: Yes, I sure do....

...most of them I would recognise I am sure of that.

Interestingly enough, an officer took a message for me to call 'Leanne' the other day when I was at work, 'he has my phone number' she said.

well I have no idea who 'Leanne' is, but in line with Warshot's post, it could be my ex girlfriend Leanne....but that was 1980, and no, I don't have her phone number!

I tend to like the song, 'The Wanderer' for very good reasons - associated with my younger days of course.

Blue *_*
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software