Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: "I don't know why we have to be down here on this hold down exercise(at the 60th hour). Hell, I went through this on the Thresher (SS 200) during WW ll with a Nip Sea Going Tug hooked onto our screw guards, trying to lift our butts out of the water. They didn't get us then, and these Tin Cans (ours) ain't going to get us now." -- "Hambone" Hamilton SD1 (SS). "Hambone" made 13 war patrols on USS Remora, SS-487, uttered these words in July 1957 during a hold down exercise off Kobe Japan.
....so......, What did you......
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

Ric
Posted 2008-04-06 8:09 AM (#14697)

Plankowner

Subject: ....so......, What did you......

...swipe off the boat when you left her?

I took the department plankowner plaque. Two of them in fact!

Ric
Tom McNulty
Posted 2008-04-06 8:37 AM (#14700 - in reply to #14697)

Master and Commander

Subject: RE: ....so......, What did you......

Is there a statute of limitations to worry about? I'm not saying I did it but some Snap On tools, foul weather gear, Navy blankets, stainless steel missile tube plaque, and a few other minor things that I saw leaving the boat when she went into the yard overhaul.
steamboat
Posted 2008-04-06 2:41 PM (#14713 - in reply to #14697)
Master and Commander

1000 rounds of .45 ammo to accompany the .45 pistol I bought thru Gov. civilian marksmanship program. They were all in my seabag and aboard plane when I was discharged in '64! Different times then!!!
Steamboat sends
John Bay
Posted 2008-04-06 3:29 PM (#14714 - in reply to #14697)
Old Salt

Sunday colors and commissioning pennant, and one rawhide mallet that used to hang in AMR2. I could not resist the fact that it had the name Garland Mfg. Co., Saco, Maine on it. It is in the bottom drawer in my filing cabinet.

Garland is still alive and well and still makes those mallets.
woody99
Posted 2008-04-06 3:38 PM (#14715 - in reply to #14697)

Mess cooking

When the Spikefish was de-commed in 1963, I had just arrived from Subschool, and Was working in the Engine rooms stripping them down....I thought that clock was kind of cool, and stashed it so I could pick it up later....only trouble was I didn't do a good enough job of 'stashing' and some one beet me to it....

One nice thing they did for all the de-com crew. The tender took all the bronze bowls out of the fuel-oil, and lube oil purifiers, from both engine rooms, and melted them down to make bronze ships emblems...I still have it over the workbench in my garage

When I left the James Madison to get out in '69 I tooka foul weather jacket, and the piping book I used while qualifying...

Edited by woody99 2008-04-06 3:40 PM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software