Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: United States Submarines destroyed a total of 1,314 Japanese ships during World War II, including one battleship, eight aircraft carriers, fifteen cruisers, forty-two destroyers, and twenty-three submarines. Against this score, fifty-two U.S. Submarines were lost.
REMINISCE Magazine
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

dex armstrong
Posted 2008-04-06 10:44 AM (#14709)

COMSUBBBS

Subject: REMINISCE Magazine

I'd never heard of this publication. Some very dear friends gave me a gift subscription for Christmas. The magazine is a veritable treasure trove of childehood nostalgia...it triggers memories faster than a movie house popcorn popper. If you love playing "Do you remember" games, trivia exchange and the history of the blue collar world of working Americans....to recall the wonder of the days of a much simpler age....If you like old recipies that include artery clogging stuff like Cheese Whiz, Miracle Whip, Kraft Caramel squares, Kraft vulcanized cheese slices.....Log Cabin syrup and "D" cell battery size marshmellows....subscribe to REMINISCE magazine. Its an Alladin's Cave t5hat's held together by three staples. DEX
crystal
Posted 2008-04-06 5:35 PM (#14716 - in reply to #14709)

Master and Commander

Subject: RE: REMINISCE Magazine

Dex, Millie and I have had a subscription ongoing for a number of years now - way back to when it was a "I think I can" magazine and boy did it's popularity take off!  It's fun for us maybe because of our age, I don't know but I do know I love the magazines - "featured in our downstairs reading room"...
MAD DOG
Posted 2008-04-06 7:36 PM (#14719 - in reply to #14716)

Master and Commander

That mag looks pretty good. I'll give it a try. Looks like "Boys Life"for old farts!
http://www.reminisce.com/Default.asp?r_d=y
OBTW Dex,I like your self portrait!

Edited by MAD DOG 2008-04-06 7:53 PM
woody99
Posted 2008-04-09 11:22 AM (#14814 - in reply to #14709)

Mess cooking

Reminisce is really a great Mag. Also for those here who have a story or two to tell (there MUST be at least one.... ) they are always looking for a good short story.

My Father-in-law was a gold miner in the 30's up in the Sierra's, and always had a story to tell about that time. He submitted several and was published 4-5 times in Reminisce. One was about the Hennis Pass, a road that the old timers used to travel from Virgina City to Grass Valley. I was his "driver" for the research on this, as well as his Photographer...was a memorable time, and the last time I had a chance to travel with him...

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software