Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: USS SKATE and USS SEADRAGON, after affecting a historic rendezvous under the ice, surfaced together at the North Pole through an opening in the ice on August 1962. What really happened: We didn't surface together, Skate surfaced first. Then we (Seadragon) fired yellow flares forward and aft so Skate could tell us how we were lined up. Remember, under-ice was primitive in these days. Skate called back down rapidly that one flare surfaced on her starboard side and the other to port. She requested we reposition before vertical surfacing. We did. - Coyote (Owen Carlson)
new website
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

Bear
Posted 2008-04-11 1:42 PM (#14892)

Great Sage of the Sea

Subject: new website

Hey     First off please forward if you like this info to any Brother of the Phin as all are welcome. Second if you know me and you are worried about SPAM you know how much I hate and How much I have  to deal with it, so hopefully that knowledge will add some credence to the integrity of the group the offer and the notes.

Here is something that I am working on and funding with Aero Embroidery $$$. I have established and unlimited account at www.flickr.com which is Yahoo’s photo service. I found this because I have several “throw away” email address through Yahoo, most notably jstiffeyssn648@yahoo.com and that is all you need for a free Flickr account (which has limited upload and storage) If you would like to show off to the world or see pictures from everywhere there are three Flickr submarine groups (that I have found) I will let any SubVet join (the group I am admin on) and stash Pictures there (I will also put them periodically on a CD or on my back up hard drive) I will try to keep it to only pictures with some relation to SubVets so if you are going to post you need to have enough there that I recognize it as being truly Sub Related none of this NSR in either comments or gallery At the moment the gallery is limited to artwork and Photos (no videos) only. There are ways to protect the photos to minimize others using them but my rule of thumb is going to be if you post it anyone can use it OK  if you see one that is posted and is yours and it is not to be used ask me and I will remove it But you will notice all members will be listed as Brothers of the Phin, not members and I expect you to act that way. This will not be a Sandbox if you want to do that then make your own group on Yahoo or Flickr  Remember also this is a PUBLIC can you say your Grand daughter can see it, so keep it clean and make sense. This is not going to be a sales tool for me other than to show you new toys etc and I would request that others keep it to a minimum. Again if you want a picture site for your wares there are better tools but I will be glad to leave a picture stay but no sales pitch  I also intend to use it to stash pictures I find such as the periscope pieces picture but would prefer if you post them yourself there as on a paid account there is not a size limit so the picture could be 2 MB and I can load it into the group

Here is a new Flickr group I made for USSVI/SubVets (Blue Hairy POD et all I could not figure a title that would include all better than what I did but you all are certainly invited as are all of the "Family" that are on the BBS, if I do not know your yahoo name which would be your Flickr name as well then please give me a clue by email so I don't oust you out of the group)

http://www.flickr.com/groups/725285@N21/   (please let me know if this takes you to the admin it should not though)

here are the two groups I was talking about for Submarine Pictures that I talked about months ago and are in part what got me on Flickr between these two they have over 2000 members posting pictures from all over the world (the Chinese and Russian Sub pictures are unbelievable) My group is setup to allow pictures (mainly people events etc.) that would either not make it on to or get buried on these

http://www.flickr.com/groups/91208072@N00/

http://www.flickr.com/groups/submarinos/

Hope these work out for links okay

Please if they do not let me know.  Any questions call me at Aero Embroidery 360 895-3195

Bear    jstiffeyssn648@yahoo.com

WARNING WARNING: Flickr (has no e) is extremely Hazardous to people who have a tendency to loose track of time ie ADD types like yours truely   Bear

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software