Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: The Grampus and Pike were commissioned in ceremonies at Mare Island the same day, Thursday, the 28th of May 1903. A young naval officer, Lieutenant Arthur MacArthur III, older brother of General Douglas MacArthur, assumed command for both vessels at the same time.
Sonic Moving to OKC/NSR
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

RCK
Posted 2008-04-19 10:38 AM (#15151)
Master and Commander

Subject: Sonic Moving to OKC/NSR

Looks like Seattle is losing their BBall team to Oklamoma City. They got owners okay to move the francise. Anyone know why ?
Gary Webb
Posted 2008-04-19 11:07 AM (#15153 - in reply to #15151)

Old Salt

Subject: RE: Sonic Moving to OKC/NSR

Tax payers refused to build a new Arena for the owner.
Bear
Posted 2008-04-19 12:37 PM (#15159 - in reply to #15151)

Great Sage of the Sea

Isn't amazing how the owners want everyone to pay for their stadiums when the cost of the stadium in many cases is a very small percentage of their net worth. Seems like when I want a piece of property or a building or fix up my building I have to pay for it or finance it. When we "built" quest field for the Seahawks it would have cost less than 1/10th of 1% of Paul Allen's net worth. Thats like saying if each of us is worth 1 million the cost would have been $1000 to buy it (not just rent it) and while neither Arthur Schultz (old owner) and the new owners are worth as much as Paul Allen the ratio would have just been about the same.
RCK
Posted 2008-04-19 2:24 PM (#15160 - in reply to #15159)
Master and Commander

Seems strange to me that they wouud leave that area for Ok City. Ok City is nice but they don't have the population density of Seattle. The are large when it comes to squarge milage but the head count certainly doesn't match up with Seattle. I don't think it will work. I recall that some time ago Tulsa tried to host a pro soccer team but they didn't have the fan support they needed to make it a financial success. Tulsa is a really nice city whose population is about 500,000 but not spread out all over the map like Ok. City. Oklahoma is a college team state and so far as I know they never were big on Pro teams. Looks like we will wait and see.
mike652
Posted 2008-04-19 5:27 PM (#15165 - in reply to #15151)
Great Sage of the Sea

Here in Phoenix, Chase Field (Diamondbacks) was built with public money and the public had no say. The Coyotes stadium was private money. The Cardinal Stadium was built using sales tax money from rental cars and hotel rooms (taxing tourists mainly).
If the community builds it, the community should retain ownership.
Bear
Posted 2008-04-19 9:10 PM (#15170 - in reply to #15151)

Great Sage of the Sea

why OKC sometimes in poker no matter how good you bluff yah get called.

as far as ownership Quest Field is "owned by Seattle Public" how ever Paul Allen controls it and everything going on in it and has veto power as I remember the agreement. Same way with Safeco the "city" paid for it but it is really own/controller by Mariners

we did not even vote to build them just like the Governors race they decided it was a close vote so they decided for us

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software