Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: The submarine was not generally recognized as a legitimate instrument of warfare until the Civil War.
Once again...braggin' rights...sorry NSR
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

Launcher Lary
Posted 2008-04-21 8:29 AM (#15202)

Senior Crew

Subject: Once again...braggin' rights...sorry NSR

...once upon a time, long, long ago, I posted about my oldest daughter and her lifesaving exploits, and the accolades that followed, including being nominated for the "Carnegie Medal" (sorry about the spelling) (which she didn't get by the way). Well they have a new thing out, a civilian version of the Medal of Honor, and she was nominated, she was selected to represent the state of Connecticut, there were three national selectees, she was not one of them. Here is the website for you to check out...

http://www.aboveandbeyond365.com/index2.html

On a different note, my youngest daughter just completed/passed her EMT course, she'll be taking her state exam next month. She's already a volunteer firefighter, I'm trying to convince her to make this a career move and look at becoming a paramedic for a fire department or at least work with an ambulance company.

Thanks,

Billy Bob
Corabelle
Posted 2008-04-21 10:51 AM (#15212 - in reply to #15202)

COMSUBBBS

Subject: RE: Once again...braggin' rights...sorry NSR

What's her name?

Cora

Edited by Corabelle 2008-04-21 10:51 AM
steamboat
Posted 2008-04-21 12:46 PM (#15213 - in reply to #15202)
Master and Commander

Nothing to apologise for there, Billy Bob. You done good and raised 'em right! Sabrina makes Poppa Proud!!
BZ
Steamboat sends
dex armstrong
Posted 2008-04-21 4:35 PM (#15217 - in reply to #15202)

COMSUBBBS

You betcha Big Guy...Your girls accomplishments certainly are a tribute to your and your lovely bride. You Sir, have every right to be proud and as your long time friend and shipmate, I too am very proud to be numbered among your fans and admirers....anyone who knows your ( you both) history of selfless community service, work with abandoned youth and giving disenfranchised young people guidance and a helping hand getting redirected, has to be thankful that their are people like the entire Lary family. Please give her a hug for me...wherever she is, the Metric Built Blonde joins me. Way to go. DEX
Ralph Luther
Posted 2008-04-21 5:19 PM (#15220 - in reply to #15202)
COMSUBBBS

Yes Sir BB you've got a couple of outstanding young lady's. Of course you already knew that. All of us enjoy seeing the big ole smile busting from your face. Good on ya lady's!!!!!!!!!!
Launcher Lary
Posted 2008-04-22 7:14 AM (#15232 - in reply to #15212)

Senior Crew

Subject: Here ya' go Cora...

...just click on this link then click on the link for Above and Beyond, then click on the link for the honorees, then click on the link for Connecticut, like I said she's the only representative for our state, so her name is the only one in there...Sabrena Lary,

http://www.aboveandbeyond365.com/content/final.html

Billy Bob

Edited by Launcher Lary 2008-04-22 7:16 AM
Launcher Lary
Posted 2008-04-22 7:22 AM (#15233 - in reply to #15202)

Senior Crew

Subject: Thanks, thanks alot...

...thanks for all the kind comments guys, I tried to raise 'em right (we, I mean we, tried to raise 'em right, please don't tell her that I forgot to include her, geeze!) and it looks like we did alright, I'll keep you up to date on how things turn out for them both...

Billy Bob
Ralph Luther
Posted 2008-04-22 12:32 PM (#15240 - in reply to #15202)
COMSUBBBS

You had best not forget the Mrs.! Not having met you in person--yet-- and knowing what I've heard---I'd venture to say that she had more to do with raising those young lady's and keeping your ass out of the crack than you let on. I think she deserves a big standing round of applause and a few raised in her honor.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software