Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: A submarine, the TURTLE, was employed by the American revolutionary army to attack the British. It was built by David Bushnell at Saybrook, Connecticut, just a few miles from the present site of Electric Boat Division of the General Dynamics Corporation, and the U.S. Naval Submarine Base.
I got my final sigs; and have put on my Dolphins
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

Doc Gardner
Posted 2008-04-23 6:08 PM (#15288)

Master and Commander

Subject: I got my final sigs; and have put on my Dolphins

Nobody told me when it came time to re-qualify that I had to pass the "crawl through the snow to safety" test, the 500 yard crutch walk, the drive through the supermarket without ruining the beer display obstacle course (potato chips don't count; it's ok if you knock them over) successfully outmaneuvering the little old lady in the wheelchair for the last handicapped parking space being able to navigate to the head, on crutches, in the dark and not swearing too loudly or profanely when you finally make your destination only to learn it's a false alarm. But, shipmates, I've done it and today I applied my new set of dolphins to the boot; right next to the EGA. I'm back to being (SS) / FMF
Now I just have to hope that part of this qual celebration doesn't include getting tossed in the drink; the water temps here are only at 46F

Edited by Doc Gardner 2008-04-23 6:21 PM

(Dolphins and EGA on boot_1.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Dolphins and EGA on boot_1.jpg (44KB - 796 downloads)
John Bay
Posted 2008-04-23 6:24 PM (#15292 - in reply to #15288)
Old Salt

Subject: RE: I got my final sigs; and have put on my Dolphins

What's that thing with the wires? Your Pacemaker?
Sewer Pipe Snipe
Posted 2008-04-24 1:13 AM (#15298 - in reply to #15288)
Master and Commander

Looks like one of them things the artificial breeder used to hook up to the bull to get his selliable product. I have a similar rig for my wrist and elbow. It is called an electrical stimulator. If you turn it up to high, it is definately stimulating.
Blue from West Oz
Posted 2008-04-24 6:27 AM (#15301 - in reply to #15298)

Master and Commander

Sewer Pipe Snipe - 2008-04-24 3:13 PM

Looks like one of them things the artificial breeder used to hook up to the bull to get his selliable product. I have a similar rig for my wrist and elbow. It is called an electrical stimulator. If you turn it up to high, it is definately stimulating.

Hmmmmm....this is interesting, where do you get one of these contraptions, I think I could use one!

Blue *_*
RCK
Posted 2008-04-24 7:40 AM (#15303 - in reply to #15301)
Master and Commander

Hmmmmm....this is interesting, where do you get one of these contraptions, I think I could use one!

Blue *_*[/QUOTE

PERVERT!.......PERVERT!.......AUSSIE PERVERT!!!!........WAIT A MINUTE.......No such thing as a perversion in Aussue sub sailors........Okay!! NORMAl!

Normal!.....NORMAL AUSSIE SUB SAILOR!!!
Ralph Luther
Posted 2008-04-24 8:31 AM (#15304 - in reply to #15288)
COMSUBBBS

Ric, I think you nailed it, Mate. I'm getting to believe more and more every day that Blue is entering the stage of menopause. Getting to be an old pharte and fighting it every step of the way.
miss lumpy bumps
Posted 2008-04-24 10:37 AM (#15306 - in reply to #15288)

COMSUBBBS

Doc,

Did you get my package/envelope yet...the reason I ask is because I got a note from the PO this morning to come and collect a package/envelope because it is damaged.

RCK
Posted 2008-04-24 11:04 AM (#15308 - in reply to #15288)
Master and Commander

Hey Doc Gardner, there is something you didn't mention and I'm curious about. Have you entered the one legged ass kickin contest?
Ah, no I'm not a contestant!
Doc Gardner
Posted 2008-04-24 3:37 PM (#15322 - in reply to #15308)

Master and Commander

RCK - 2008-04-24 12:04 PM

Hey Doc Gardner, there is something you didn't mention and I'm curious about. Have you entered the one legged ass kickin contest?
Ah, no I'm not a contestant!

I tried but they said in order to qualify I had to let some one legged guy kick my ass first. That didn't sound like such a good deal so I abstained.
Note to Patti;
no I did not receive the package; maybe some other one legged guy got it and got his ass kicked.
miss lumpy bumps
Posted 2008-04-24 5:03 PM (#15327 - in reply to #15322)

COMSUBBBS

I called PO and asked if the delivery person could drop the package off here and they will do it tomorrow. It is your package...I want to see how much damage they did to it and if it salvageable...if so, will get put it in another "more secure" envelope and get it out Sat. So, be on the lookout!

Sorry about that!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software