Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: Alexander the Great (356 to 323 B.C.) ruler of Macedonia and conqueror of the known world in his time, is the first person known to have descended into the sea in a vessel of any kind.
I got a phone call from the British Embassy today
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

Doc Gardner
Posted 2008-04-23 6:16 PM (#15290)

Master and Commander

Subject: I got a phone call from the British Embassy today

Around 1900 Eastern time today my phone rang and a very official sounding voice with a distinct English accent asked if he could speak to Frederick Gardner as he was from the British Embassy. I knew it had to be a joke and I also knew it wasn't Blue calling to bust my chops but it had me going for a minute. Then this fine speaking gentleman inquired about an illegal set of bagpipes in my possession and the games were on.
It was that lovable reprobate from the forbidden island of NewfoundLAND, "Hairball". He's well, I'm still laughing and we had a great chat.
I can't tell you how many phone calls and cards I have received since I broke my damned leg and, shipmates, I treasure every one of them. This isn't the first call I've received but I figured it was time to get off my "duff" and acknowledge just how great you all have been in making the time pass by as I look out the window and watch winter turn into spring.
Thanks to all of you.
Doc
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software