Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: The USS Cusk was only one of four US submarines to ever receive the Republic of Vietnam Meritorious Unit Citation - Gallantry for her service in Vietnam. Cusk, was awarded seven awards during 1965, 1967, 1968, and 1969,The other three boats were the USS Sculpin (SSN-590), the USS Razorback (SS-394), two awards during 1967 and 1969, and the USS Ronquil (SS-396), two awards during 1966-67 and 1968.
Desperate times call for desperate measures!
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

Corabelle
Posted 2008-05-05 7:19 PM (#15637)

COMSUBBBS

Subject: Desperate times call for desperate measures!

I'm building a man in my bedroom. More specifically a submarine man.

On a couple occasions I have posted pictures of my grandson wearing my brother's (his great-uncle's) WWII dress blues.

Elmer's daughter and I talked about displaying this uniform in our local museum. She is agreeable to "loaning" the uniform to them.

However, I just didn't want it draped over a chair as my uncles's Spanish-American War uniform is, so I've been searching for a mannikan. I wanted a mannikan with a head, so it could wear Elmer's "flat hat."

Long story, but I finally have found a mannikan of the female persuasion. Friends and I have laughed about the possibility of performing a radical double mastectomy.

We didn't do the "radical" surgery, but through my connections with the local police department, today I acquired a bullet-proof vest. It did the trick!

The curator of the museum is going to talk to a lady who works at the museum, who also has connections to a local thespian organization. He's going to ask her if she has a wig and mustache and beard that we can have. At first, I was reluctant about the beard part, because Elmer was so young when he was in the Navy (18 to 21). But the more I thought about it, I decided that facial hair would further desexualize the feminine characteristics of the mannikan. I'm anxiously waiting to hear if these items can be obtained.

She/he doesn't look quite so spooky today after I added the b/p vest and arms (oh, yes, when I first got her/him, she/he didn't have any arms). Also no clothes. I now need to find the long, metal stick (I'm sure there's a better term) that fits in the stand and goes up (I'm blushing, now) the proper receptacle in her/his buttocks.

She/he is driving Gracie (my little dog) crazy. Gracie is very friendly, and when she greets a visitor, she usually gets a favorable response. But Venus (because she didn't have arms until today) just looks straight ahead and ignores Gracie. Gracie will bark at her/him; no response; then she looks at me like, "Huh? What?"

Enough nonsense for today.

Cora

Edited by Corabelle 2008-05-05 7:21 PM
snakeyez
Posted 2008-05-06 5:29 AM (#15641 - in reply to #15637)

Senior Crew

Subject: RE: Desperate times call for desperate measures!

That's very honorable. I hope you get some pictures of the finished mannequin for us to see!
subvetss
Posted 2008-05-06 6:07 AM (#15642 - in reply to #15637)
Senior Crew

Blonds make swell submariners.
Joe'the'Most

(most-bash1.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments most-bash1.jpg (30KB - 857 downloads)
Ralph Luther
Posted 2008-05-06 8:00 AM (#15647 - in reply to #15637)
COMSUBBBS

Oh man, Joe, if Dex finds out you ripped off his sweetheart, you're going to be in a whole heap of trouble.
Corabelle
Posted 2008-05-06 10:56 AM (#15658 - in reply to #15642)

COMSUBBBS

I'm sure you/re right, Joe, but my brother had dark hair and brown eyes.

He did grow a beard for a while during one of his war patrols, but I think he shaved it off when they had R & R in Pearl.

I love your friend.

Cora
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software