Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: "Without courage, you might as well not be in it. You’ve got to have courage--moral courage, physical courage--and honor. Honor means telling the truth even when it might not be to your advantage" Retired Capt. Charles W. Rush Jr. (85), Navy Cross recipient, when asked to give advice to Chiefs and Junior Officers in today's submarine service.
IIf we are so fuel poor
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

RCK
Posted 2008-05-09 11:21 AM (#15759)
Master and Commander

Subject: IIf we are so fuel poor

Why isn't the speed limit lowered to 55mph? It worked before and it could help now
Stoops
Posted 2008-05-09 12:21 PM (#15763 - in reply to #15759)
Master and Commander

Subject: RE: IIf we are so fuel poor

RCK - 2008-05-09 11:21 AM

Why isn't the speed limit lowered to 55mph? It worked before and it could help now

Not necessarily. At the time if was inflicted upon us, my most efficient highway speed was 65 mph. I will say though, the reduction in kinetic energy was substantial, and I would guess that the number of highway fatalities were reduced substantially also. However. the answer is not in reducting speed limits (35mph might save even more, likewise 25mph, etc.) the answers is overturning the idiotic restrictions foisted on us by junk science, and radical environmental wackos. Open up domestic drilling, let the oil companies build more refineries.
Tom McNulty
Posted 2008-05-09 12:47 PM (#15765 - in reply to #15759)

Master and Commander

Before we spend money for new refineries wouldn't it be more effective to upgrade and increase the capacity of the existing ones? Keep in mind that a small interuption in one refinery operation usually causes the futures to rise due to the "perceived" shortages that "may" arise. So, is the opposite true that a rumor of a capacity increase should lower the price accordingly? I don't think all the refineries and perhaps the smallest minority of them are operating at 100%. 85% -90% capacity might be more likely. But more crude supply that's pumped from wells controlled by us and fixed to the dollar here wouldn't be bad idea. The exchange rate is surely having an impact on the price we pay. Cheer up, the shut down maintanence schedules should be coming up soon. That's indicated by my sales making a huge jump in the past few months. I need stability in the prices to feed my HEMI without breaking the bank. I suppose it won't be long before my wheels are vandalized in the same reaction as the anti fur folks. But then I was never 100% PC and never will be.
Blue from West Oz
Posted 2008-05-09 2:42 PM (#15768 - in reply to #15759)

Master and Commander

Subject: I have improved my fuel performance by....

.....not having my car serviced. Unfortunately, I have gone 8,000 km's over my scheduled service, and.......I am now getting 10% better fuel economy! go figure.

But fear not, I am getting the car serviced this Wednesday.....thank goodness.

Blue *_*
John Bay
Posted 2008-05-09 4:09 PM (#15777 - in reply to #15768)
Old Salt

Subject: Car being serviced Wednesday...

Are you having the snowbank deflectors installed for the winter???
Blue from West Oz
Posted 2008-05-10 4:19 AM (#15786 - in reply to #15777)

Master and Commander

Subject: Smart Arse....

John Bay - 2008-05-10 6:09 AM

Are you having the snowbank deflectors installed for the winter???

also, I have had your ISP send me a message saying they are blocking my emails, so I have sent this on to my ISP to sort out.
This has also happened with Kathy's ISP ( Comcast ) in the past week.

Is this the break up of the US-OZ Alliance?

The following message to was undeliverable.
The reason for the problem:
5.4.7 - Delivery expired (message too old) 571-"Email from 203.59.1.107 is currently blocked by Verizon Online's anti-spam system. The email sender or Email Service Provider may visit http://www.verizon.net/whitelist and request removal of the block."

Blue
John Bay
Posted 2008-05-10 10:27 AM (#15800 - in reply to #15786)
Old Salt

Subject: RE: Smart Arse....

Sending you an email now. Let me know if you do not get it.
Blue from West Oz
Posted 2008-05-10 2:39 PM (#15806 - in reply to #15800)

Master and Commander

replied 5 minutes ago!

Blue *_*

PS. It's a matter of not being able to send to YOU....not YOU sending to me.
John Bay
Posted 2008-05-10 4:24 PM (#15810 - in reply to #15806)
Old Salt

Got it loud and clear. Was not home so could not answer right away. Too nice a day to sit in here in the cave.
Ralph Luther
Posted 2008-05-10 9:34 PM (#15817 - in reply to #15759)
COMSUBBBS

WHAT??????? A nice day in Maine????????? You've got to be kidding me!!!!!! What is this world coming to??? Oh yeah, that's right, Al Gore says it's global warming.
So glad you had a nice day up there, John. Don't forget to mark it on the calendar.
Blue from West Oz
Posted 2008-05-11 3:58 AM (#15820 - in reply to #15817)

Master and Commander

Ralph Luther - 2008-05-11 11:34 AM

WHAT??????? A nice day in Maine????????? You've got to be kidding me!!!!!! What is this world coming to??? Oh yeah, that's right, Al Gore says it's global warming.
So glad you had a nice day up there, John. Don't forget to mark it on the calendar.

well of course it is a legacy of Daniel and my time in Maine...in fact I hear most of the USA is warming up since we came to visit.

Blue *_*
BlackBeard
Posted 2008-05-11 10:37 AM (#15827 - in reply to #15820)

Great Sage of the Sea

Blue from West Oz - 2008-05-11 3:58 AM

Ralph Luther - 2008-05-11 11:34 AM

well of course it is a legacy of Daniel and my time in Maine...in fact I hear most of the USA is warming up since we came to visit.

Blue *_*

Coldest April in 11 years Nationwide.

BB
Ralph Luther
Posted 2008-05-11 11:59 AM (#15830 - in reply to #15759)
COMSUBBBS

Yes Blue and it appears that the weather is turing colder in Oz. If your pattern holds true you should expect snow there in early July. In July you head to the U.S again, so, we are preparing for an abnormal hurricane season.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software