Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: The Grampus and Pike were commissioned in ceremonies at Mare Island the same day, Thursday, the 28th of May 1903. A young naval officer, Lieutenant Arthur MacArthur III, older brother of General Douglas MacArthur, assumed command for both vessels at the same time.
Live Cat Disection in Michigan
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

Stoops
Posted 2008-05-13 6:35 PM (#15902)
Master and Commander

Subject: Live Cat Disection in Michigan

Damn Doc Gardner has hired me at ashamedly low wages to perform miraculous training from time to time. He's been having me bust my butt making sure I had all the resources I needed this week to teach two groups of folks how to install watthour meters............
Never mind the damn paper was not punched....never mind the damn pages were not formatted with page breaks, never mind the material was not in three ring binders....I managed to teach the course and provide the trainees with the appropriate material.....

But I called him this afternoon to tell him that in spite of the three days he thought it would take, I qualified one fellow in single phase and two folks in three phase in two days vs. three. The customer was confident, I was confident, and so a three day job was completed in two days....Yea! (How stupid is that? I could have billed him for three days and have to settle for two!)

Then when I got home, like a dutiful employee, I called Doc to report in. The first connection was ok, but there were horrible noises in the background. Doc told me to hang up and he would call me back. And he did so....and it was a better connection except it still sounded like he had put a bunch of cats in the microwave.

We exchanged pertinent information...I told him I had qualified his folks, and he wanted to know if I had gotten the phone numbers of all the hot secretaries....and then the noise started again...it sounded like he was dissecting live cats....then he said he had to go...his fellow bagpipers had shown up for practice....I still don't know if he was telling the truth or using that as an excuse to skin live cats.

Well, one never knows....

I don't know if I believe he broke his sill leg at all....I think it is a divesionary move so he can gut cats alive and export them for food to asia...
Doc Gardner
Posted 2008-05-14 4:06 AM (#15912 - in reply to #15902)

Master and Commander

Subject: RE: Live Cat Disection in Michigan

Ah; Mistah Stoops; you get choice; one from column A and one from Column B
Now get out of my office; leave the secretaries alone and keep your fingers away from the wooden barrel that holds the good stuff.
People in Texas just don't appreciate the fine art of Celtic music.
Tom McNulty
Posted 2008-05-14 5:05 AM (#15914 - in reply to #15902)

Master and Commander

Subject: RE: Live Cat Disection in Michigan

Doc, if the Texans had Pipers at the Alamo history would have been completley different. Those Mexicans would have run like scalded cats ( before the live cat disection ).
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software