Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: USS GEORGE WASHINGTON, the world's first ballistic missile nuclear powered submarine, constructed in record time, set a record of its own by remaining submerged 67 days on its initial Polaris missile deterrent patrol in the Atlantic.
Stewart Hunt
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Reply    Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

Jordan
Posted 2008-05-27 6:19 PM (#16214)
Quote Reply
Subject: Stewart Hunt

Hi all,

My name is Jordan Hunt son of Stewart Warren Hunt who served on the USS Von Steuben sometime between 72-78. As many of you may know my dad past away at the start of last month (Aprils 1st to be exact). We are going to have a gathering for him this summer and we are going to set his ashes to rest at sea as well. My dad loved tell me and my two sisters stories of when he was in the navy and I was hoping you guys would have some of him to share with us. If any of you have stories you would like to share with me or my family or would just like to say anything to us we would love to hear it.

If you want to contact me my e-mail is huntjo@onid.orst.edu
or just reply here and I will check later tonight and this week.

Thank you,
Jordan Hunt

Also if you are still in touch with anyone who served with my dad could you please pass
this on to them.
crystal
Posted 2008-05-27 9:06 PM (#16217 - in reply to #16214)
Quote Reply

Master and Commander

Subject: RE: Stewart Hunt

Jordan, I just did a search of Von Steuben crew members via the listings Don has here via his mainpage.  To get there, click the "Bottom Gun BBS" in blue at the top left of this page, select the crew list fror SSBN, scroll down to Von Steuben.  There are 313 former crew members listed and a couple of web pages dedicated to the boat - hope this helps...
Sewer Pipe Snipe
Posted 2008-05-28 1:56 AM (#16218 - in reply to #16214)
Quote Reply
Master and Commander

Subject: RE: Stewart Hunt

I served on her from 71 to 77 Blue Crew. The name caught my attention when I saw the post. Unfortunately I can't place him. Possibly with the Gold Crew? Then again, I have a hard time remembering and recognizing a lot of folks I served with.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software