Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: There are more airplanes at the bottom of the ocean than there are submarines in the sky; therefore I chose submarines over aviation.
QUESTION
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

dex armstrong
Posted 2008-05-28 10:09 AM (#16231)

COMSUBBBS

Subject: QUESTION

With all the additions to and the changing of military uniforms...creation of new badges, qualification insignia, pins, hootenannies, geedunk and whackadoodles.....Do you think there's a remote chance that E-3's will ever get a hat with visor braid and an ostrich feather plume? If so....you think one of our submariners vendors will carry them? I want one....DEX
Flapper
Posted 2008-05-28 10:39 AM (#16232 - in reply to #16231)

Master and Commander

Subject: RE: QUESTION

The only way I know of, Dex, is to steal one of the SVWWII guy's head gear. They more or less fit your description.
dex armstrong
Posted 2008-05-28 1:26 PM (#16239 - in reply to #16231)

COMSUBBBS

What I had in mind was a hat like a Panamanian Field Marshal would wear with an ostrich plume and E-3 in day-glo green printed on top and epaulettes with six inches of dangly stuff hanging off them. Kinda spiffy looking and made to dazzle the barmaids....E-3 JG's would only get four inches of dangly stuff.....Warranted E-3's would get five and a half inches and Commissioned E-3's would get twenty seven inches and rubies along the shoulder board part of the epaulette. The Leading Seaman would get sterling silver Crossed Chipping Hammers or a horizontal gold paint scraper worn around the neck or the little silver bucket if he was a qualified Master Trash Dumper. Real morale builders, professional status elevators and crowd pleasers. When Rontini and Raynor get em in...I want two....DEX
Doc Gardner
Posted 2008-05-28 1:52 PM (#16241 - in reply to #16239)

Master and Commander

dex armstrong - 2008-05-28 2:26 PM

What I had in mind was a hat like a Panamanian Field Marshal would wear with an ostrich plume and E-3 in day-glo green printed on top and epaulettes with six inches of dangly stuff hanging off them. Kinda spiffy looking and made to dazzle the barmaids....E-3 JG's would only get four inches of dangly stuff.....Warranted E-3's would get five and a half inches and Commissioned E-3's would get twenty seven inches and rubies along the shoulder board part of the epaulette. The Leading Seaman would get sterling silver Crossed Chipping Hammers or a horizontal gold paint scraper worn around the neck or the little silver bucket if he was a qualified Master Trash Dumper. Real morale builders, professional status elevators and crowd pleasers. When Rontini and Raynor get em in...I want two....DEX

Hey Dex; is this what you had in mind? It has the feathers and will guarantee that you draw attention to yourself; of course there are some other elements of the uniform that you may not find to your liking. The bagpipes are optional.
Doc

(FGFullDress.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments FGFullDress.jpg (70KB - 719 downloads)
Corabelle
Posted 2008-05-28 2:06 PM (#16243 - in reply to #16241)

COMSUBBBS

Subject: The other elements?

Like a cool breeze?

Cora
TSpoon
Posted 2008-05-28 2:10 PM (#16244 - in reply to #16231)
Great Sage of the Sea

At our age a 'cool breeze' can be quite soothing.

T.Spoon, DBF
Ralph Luther
Posted 2008-05-28 5:27 PM (#16248 - in reply to #16231)
COMSUBBBS

Plus it helps Doc hit all the high notes.
BlackBeard
Posted 2008-05-28 5:44 PM (#16249 - in reply to #16231)

Great Sage of the Sea

Looks to me like a beaver is trying to have carnal knowledge with his ear! As for the bagpipes, the Irish used to use those types but when they realized they couldn't drink at the same time they gave them to the Scots and started using the Ulian (elbow) pipes*...

*As explained to me by the Fury Brothers at an Irish bar between sets.

BB
dex armstrong
Posted 2008-05-28 6:31 PM (#16252 - in reply to #16231)

COMSUBBBS

I agree with Blackbeard...Looks like abberant sex with something picked up in a STAR WARS bar, by someone wearing a Catholic school girls skirt....or some kind of SMOKEY THE BEAR poligamist caught in the act with an underage bear. DOC...Do you have to wear a neck brace with that contraption? You ever get picked up for stealing moldy barrel cactus? How many black cocker spaniels does it take to make one of those things? I wouldn't want it to get out, because everyone on Gentry's quick sand pit would pin hell on us...But you look great and must be a real Yankee chick magnet. DEX
BlackBeard
Posted 2008-05-28 6:35 PM (#16254 - in reply to #16231)

Great Sage of the Sea

UGHH! You had to mention Catholic School Girls Skirts! That image is going to haunt my dreams for a long time... I think I better open that new bottle of whisky I was saving...

BB
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software