Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: "Like the destroyer, the submarine has created its own type of officer and man with language and traditions apart from the rest of the service, and yet at the heart unchangingly of the Service” -- Rudyard Kipling, The Fringes of the Fleet, 1915
Reunion Advice Wanted
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

GaryKC
Posted 2008-05-29 12:21 PM (#16265)

COMSUBBBS

Subject: Reunion Advice Wanted

About a year ago an idea began scurrying around my head, strange how those little buggers develop, adapt, coexist and multiply. The idea was to start a website dedicated to one of the boats I had the pleasure of serving aboard in my youth. Recklessly driven by a can do attitude and foolishly confident in my own abilities I soon became aware of my total and complete lack of knowledge regarding website design, procedure and placement.

Thanks to a huge number of individuals to numerous to name the website has been running since last November. Most of those who helped me, frequent these submarine forums and I wanted to formally offer my sincere appreciation and gratitude.

One of the byproducts of the initial idea has spawned an interest in another area in which I have no previous experience. Many old ex diesel boat sailors have decided that a reunion would be fun. I’m currently on page one of my qualification book titled “USS TUSK REUNION”.

The who’s, what’s, where’s and when’s are being formulated. Here’s where you fine submarine forum posters can help. For those of you who have attended submarine reunions please share your likes and dislikes. Any comments about things that could have or should have been done as well as things that should not have been done should help our reunion run better. Please ask your families for their input as well.

Fall 2009 New London, CT. Thanks in advance, Gary Parker

Edited by GaryKC 2008-05-29 12:27 PM
Gary Webb
Posted 2008-05-29 9:23 PM (#16287 - in reply to #16265)

Old Salt

Subject: RE: Reunion Advice Wanted

Its good to have an association for the boat. small anual dues, 5 or 10 bucks. use this money for soda and beer at your hosp. room.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software