Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: In a fraction of a second they are projected into eternity and will never possess a final resting home.They have graves without bodies, they are an exceptional breed of people....It is of utmost pride to me to have met these men, those lords that I salute, praise and admire. - Winston Churchill on Clearance Divers September 1944
Hero Miles Program
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

Bud Turner
Posted 2008-05-29 8:56 PM (#16284)

Crew

Subject: Hero Miles Program

After grouching around about the lack of anything substantial except advertising on TV & Radio on a recent post by RCK, I lamented that I had over 500,000 American Airline Advantage miles that I would probably never use.

Well, Park Dallis gave me a link that I used to track down the Hero Miles program administered by The Fisher House Foundation that has provided more than 13,000 airline tickets worth $17 million to wounded service men and women and their families. Thanks to Park, I donated 100,000 of my Advantage airline miles to the Hero Miles program.

If you are interested, here is a direct link to the Hero Miles program, and how you can donate airline miles from any carrier: http://www.fisherhouse.org/programs/heroMilesDonate.shtml

Not really submarine related, but I can't think of a better use for them...
Park Dallis
Posted 2008-05-30 1:46 PM (#16303 - in reply to #16284)

Old Salt

Subject: RE: Hero Miles Program

Bud,

All the credit goes to you for your donation.  Thanks.

Something just clicked in my memory when I read about your unused miles and remembered there is a great cause out there.

Thanks again.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software