Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: "I can assure you that they went down fighting and that their brothers who survived them took a grim toll of our savage enemy to avenge their deaths." Admiral Charles Lockwood
Hogan's Heroes
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

fritz
Posted 2008-06-08 12:02 PM (#16573)

Crew

Subject: Hogan's Heroes

Just in case any of you liked that program, TVLAND is running many episodes today on cable and satelite.
I have seen some of them before, but I still laugh my butt off watching it again!

fritz sends >>>>
Smiley
Posted 2008-06-08 12:11 PM (#16575 - in reply to #16573)
Great Sage of the Sea

Subject: RE: Hogan's Heroes

Actung Fritz... I know nutting IIIII Know Nut ting!
Jim M.
Posted 2008-06-08 2:23 PM (#16577 - in reply to #16573)

Great Sage of the Sea

Subject: RE: Hogan's Heroes

My favorite character of the series is Sgt. Schultz. The actor who played him, John Banner, was an Austrian Jewish actor.. a very fascinating man. Banner was born in Austria in 1910, grew up in Vienna and, after spending time in a concentration camp because he was Jewish, went to Switzerland to begin acting in 1938. From there, he came to the US.. the rest is, as they say, history. After coming to the US, he acted in several movies, usually being cast as a German or Nazi, a difficult role for him as his family perished in the camps.

I remember reading somewhere that when asked why he played Schultz the way he did, John Banner said that it was his way of getting back at the Germans. I also remember an episode of the Lucille Ball show, where Lucille Ball played her alter ego Ironman Carmichael. The episode's guest star was Bob Crane and they were filming a fictional WWII movie/show.. and in the one scene, John Banner came in, dressed as Sgt. Schultz..and Bob Crane said "Wrong war, Schultz"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Banner

(John Banner-Sgt Schultz-sm.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments John Banner-Sgt Schultz-sm.jpg (81KB - 697 downloads)
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software