Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: "It's hard sometimes, but as long as we remember them around the campfire, they will live forever." -- Walt Specht
Cross Country by Bicycle
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

fritz
Posted 2008-06-11 11:56 AM (#16648)

Crew

Subject: Cross Country by Bicycle

While waiting for the monthly USS Cod's volunteer meeting last evening, a young fella appeared in the parking lot riding a bike. He asked if the boat was open or closed. I said closed, about 15 minutes ago. He told me he was a Submarine Vet and was passing through town and saw the Cod. When I found out he was travling cross Country, I showed him and his bike through the gate and gave him his 15 minute tour. (That was all the "extra time" he had in his schedule).
He told me he is pedaling from Portland Maine to Portland Oregon. I forget when he left the East Coast, but he had left Conneaut Ohio (just across the Ohio - PA border up near Lake Erie) earlier in the morning, and was planning on staying in Vermillion Ohio (about 30 miles west of downtown Cleveland, on Lake Erie) last evening.
He lives in Indiana and is attending Purdue's Engineering School.
So, depending upon where you live, you might see this lad headed west on non-freeway routes.
Wow! Across our country on a bicycle! I think I'd have a hard enough time getting to the corner and back!

fritz sends >>>>
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software