Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: "Alright gentlemen up and at it...Rub-a-Dub Dub, let's scrub up the F***ing sub!" - Garnett Curtis, COB, USS Phoenix
Brady Gives Up...... sorta
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

RCK
Posted 2008-06-14 9:13 AM (#16707)
Master and Commander

Subject: Brady Gives Up...... sorta

I'm not posting this to start a "Donnie Brook" fist fight, anal reaming, nose tweeking, ass kicking or a "I told ya so" It is for info only.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/story?id=5055064&page=1

dex armstrong
Posted 2008-06-17 7:23 AM (#16763 - in reply to #16707)

COMSUBBBS

Subject: RE: Brady Gives Up...... sorta

I'm a gun owner and believe a private citizen should have the right to own a Sherman tank if he wants one (and can afford the gas). I think you should be able to stock your closet, basement, attic crawl space and garage with perasonal ordinance at the Wisconsin National Guard armory level. Having said that, my hat is off to both Sara and Jim Brady and their family. If they advocated celebrating Benito Mussolini's birthday...sex with barn owls...or skinny dipping in the White House fountain, I wouldn't take issue with them....and if some jerk like this idiot Hinkley did what he did, to my life's partner, I may very well have become a more fanatic gun control advocate than Sara Brady...All I ask is that you take a moment to realize what a life sentence with no expectation of a brighter future that that one bullet did to her family and the permanent change in that wonderful outgoing rascal Sara married. The only thing I would take issue with is the characterization of Brady giving up....James Brady never gave up on ANYTHING...His victories are small now, like putting on his own pants....using the john unassisted....and remembering jokes and humorous anticdotes. To me his road to the level of recovery he has been able to reach is both miraculous and an inspiration. Glad the courts imposed rational judgement in their decision...but hold no ill feelings for Jim and his lovely loyal bride Sara. DEX
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software