Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: ENS Sam Hunter, the first submarine casualty of WWII on Dec. 8, 1941. He was attached to Sea Dragon moored next to Sealion. He was killed by shrapnel from the first bomb hit on Sealion penetrating the conning tower of Sea Dragon. The second hit killed 4 men in Sealions Engineroom.
For Ric
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

Corabelle
Posted 2008-06-17 8:41 PM (#16775)

COMSUBBBS

Subject: For Ric

I sent three pics for you to post for me. Hope they get to you.

Cora
Ric
Posted 2008-06-18 11:43 AM (#16789 - in reply to #16775)

Plankowner

Subject: Here they are.....

cathy, cam & cora at the missouri

cathy, cam & cora at waikiki

cora, cam ready to board the atlantis - note diamond head in background
Ralph Luther
Posted 2008-06-18 1:30 PM (#16797 - in reply to #16775)
COMSUBBBS

Subject: RE: For Ric

Good looking pictures, Cora! Cameron sure has grown over the recent years What have you been feeding the lad?
Corabelle
Posted 2008-06-18 4:07 PM (#16807 - in reply to #16797)

COMSUBBBS

Subject: But, Ralph...

...does he look like a Marine to you? A big, tough Marine?

Dumb move, Cameron---dumb, dumb! I'm scared for him, and scared for me because I love him so much. God seems to take the ones I love away from me.

To me, Cameron looks like the teen-aged boy that he is. As you can see, his build is slight. He is taller than me (most people are, since it's impossible for me to stand straight anymore). I used to be taller than my daughter, who is only 5'3", but I've shrunk (like the wicked witch of the west (or is it "east").

As skinny as he is, Cameron can put away vast amounts of food in a very short time. I wasn't involved in feeding him until our trip, but I don't understand why he doesn't weigh more than he does. He tells me he's 5'7"; I don't know what his weight is.

Two of these posts might pop up. I typed one, then it went away and I couldn't find it. Oh, well...floating around in cyberspace, I guess.

Cora
Ralph Luther
Posted 2008-06-19 6:13 AM (#16833 - in reply to #16775)
COMSUBBBS

Cora, don't you worry the Marines will rearrange all that food that skinny kid is packing away and in a few months he will knock on your door and you'll see a fine, tall, proud looking young man confident of taking life on like a man.
sister5lp
Posted 2008-06-19 9:53 AM (#16841 - in reply to #16775)

Mess cooking

Ralph, it's not so much what as how much they feed him. Remember he also has the advantage of being out in the "plains" Out there there is LOTs and LOTs of wide open space so he has room to stretch out and such. They tend to grow them big there.
Corabelle
Posted 2008-06-19 11:31 AM (#16848 - in reply to #16841)

COMSUBBBS

Actually Laura, we consider ourselves in the mountains. Well, anyway, the Black Hills. Paha Sapa. The plains are east of us - east of Ellsworth Air Force Base. From there to the Minnesota border it's flat farm land. Although, even that can be might pretty, particularly along the Cheyenne, Missouri and Big Sioux Rivers. I lived in Sioux Falls for seven years. People from here told me I wouldn't like it. Sioux Falls was fine; it was the marriage that didn't work. When the marriage was over, we were still friends.

Where do you live, Laura? Oh, I think you did say once. Is it Pennsylvania? And you're going to move back to South Dakota, I think you said.

I tried looking up your husband's obituary. I find one for April 17th, and the next one is April 18th. Which page of the BBS is it on. And, my sympathies, by the way. You seem to be doing well, but as I know, sometimes what people see is not what's going on in our hearts and souls. I've walked the walk several times losing people I love. Not fun at all. We can only put one foot in front of the other during those early days.

Cora

sister5lp
Posted 2008-06-19 12:52 PM (#16852 - in reply to #16775)

Mess cooking

It is the obituary poste on 4/18. I have my good days and my bad days. It isn't easy however I don't have much choice except to jsut push on. Really hard is having to sort through 32+ years of "stuff". I know I am boxing up lots of stuff I would be much better tossing out, however I can always toss it after the move, and am jsut not ready to make some of those choices yet. I jsut keep telling msyelf it takes time and can't be rushed. Actually coming here and reading some of the submarine stories is good, as Howard was a great one for relating humerous stories and trivia. I still recall the first time I heard his tale of how the spead came to be known as nots.
Corabelle
Posted 2008-06-19 2:54 PM (#16862 - in reply to #16852)

COMSUBBBS

I made a boo boo. I found April 17th; then the next one I found was April 19th. I couldn't find one dated April 18th. I mistyped in my previous response to you. That's why I asked what page number on the BBS it was.

Again, so sorry. I'm having a difficult time getting over my brother's death, and that was two years ago. Now, I see his house has finally been sold. This should be closure, but still doesn't feel like it.

Cora
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software