Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: "The Navy is not a job, it's not a career. It's a way of life.” -- MMCM (SS) "Grump" Barrie
WE ALL COULD HAVE DIED SOMEWHERE
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

Corabelle
Posted 2008-06-30 11:20 PM (#17180 - in reply to #17174)

COMSUBBBS

Subject: RE: WE ALL COULD HAVE DIED SOMEWHERE

I will keep Briana in my thoughts and prayers as I hope you do our family.

Cora
John Bay
Posted 2008-07-01 1:54 AM (#17182 - in reply to #17174)
Old Salt

Subject: NOW WE KNOW.....

Why there are no women on submarines...
iPOD
Posted 2008-07-01 4:45 AM (#17184 - in reply to #16838)

Master and Commander

Subject: RE: Touchy pack of Old Pharts aren't we!!

Ski and all the rest that have jumped on Cora for her concerns for her Grandson maybe should "Wind their Bloody necks in a little".

Where do you get off on calling this lady a coward Ski? (your mention of the open Borders) Why don't you maybe go back and read Cora's original posts and then maybe base your drivel on facts.

Maybe you should all take a look at this from Cora's side from a Grandmother who has already done the waiting for close relatives to return from a war, a war that had to be fought for the worlds very survival, who has lost a husband and a son (not to war granted) and is now terrified of losing a Grandson to a war that she (and a few others) feel is about economics not survival, who questions her Grandsons understanding of his reasons for joining and the methods the recruiters used and ask yourself why you have launched such a vicious attack on her.

I think at 83 she has earned her right to her opinion and shock horror if it doesn't agree with your opinion I think you should maybe get over it.

John Bay, I do hope that little remark regarding women in Submarines was not meant the way I read it because if it was as the father of a 22 yo serving daughter who is considering submarine service I take offence and if that indicates your attitude to women I think it is way beneath you and from what Blue tells me is not you.

Cora, you carry on worrying, you carry on voicing your opinion and if that gets up the craw of some of the narrow minded Bastards on this board so much the better.

Cam, I am one that supports your decision to enlist and I also understand that at your age you are invincible and nobody should worry but I also support your Grans right to worry about you after all that is her job and besides she knows better and one day you'll discover that thing called vulnerability.

Now having voiced my opinion on this matter I wish you all good day.
Ralph Luther
Posted 2008-07-01 4:50 AM (#17185 - in reply to #16838)
COMSUBBBS

I'll say, "Thank you POD" couldn't have said it better myself.
Cheers!
Bob Melley
Posted 2008-07-01 8:11 AM (#17194 - in reply to #16838)
Old Salt

Cora:
You don't get it.......listing your relatives who served in military is fine......we all have them, some more than others.....
You've missed my point.....First, this is not the place to wave a flag you have not carried.....far too many people in this country do that now. Second, if you ARE NOT Happy about someone joining the Corps......please keep it to yourself.....this ongoing dialogue isn't in anyone's best interest. Let's call this one a day......Good lick with the KIA.
BlackBeard
Posted 2008-07-01 1:20 PM (#17218 - in reply to #17194)

Great Sage of the Sea

Bob Melley - 2008-07-01 8:11 AM

Cora:
You don't get it.......listing your relatives who served in military is fine......we all have them, some more than others.....
You've missed my point.....First, this is not the place to wave a flag you have not carried.....far too many people in this country do that now. Second, if you ARE NOT Happy about someone joining the Corps......please keep it to yourself.....this ongoing dialogue isn't in anyone's best interest. Let's call this one a day......Good lick with the KIA.

The more I see people telling Cora that she doesn't have the right to express here feelings here... The more I am reminded that I took an oath, to defend our Constitution which includes the First Amendment. Which oath did you guys take? Oh, it was the one that you love to claim when you say "I defended your freedom" yet you now tell her she can't exercise it because you don't agree with or like what she says. Remembering Voltaire and a lesson in self-restraint might be a good lesson for some in this thread.
If you disagree, fine. Act like an adult and feel free to respond. If not, then why upset yourself? Just show some discipline and don't read it.

BB
sister5lp
Posted 2008-07-02 6:57 PM (#17264 - in reply to #16838)

Mess cooking

Cora, i have been following this discussin with some interest. I have to add my 2 pennies worth here. I can understand your feelings and concerns, and am very glad you are able to share those with your gandson, and family. It really all comes down to this: you will continue to worry, and show concern, because you care a great deal for Cam. It is also a fact that Cam is doing what he feels is best for him, and we can care deeply for those close to us, however we can't live their lives for them. Cam is young and yes he has to be allowed to make his own mistakes. We have to trust that the good Lord has a plan in place for his life and that he is following that path, and there is a reason for it. I know this is long, however really feel these things have to be said. Just know Cora that just because we don't always agree with each other, doesn't mean we don't still care deeply for each other. So Cora, go ahead and worry, just also continue to suport Cam for being the person he is and be glad for every moment he shares your life, as I am sure he is glad for every moment he is able to have you in his life.
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software