Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: Dollar for dollar and man for man, the submarine is the country's most economical weapon. Comprising only 1.6 percent of the Navy's World War II personnel, the submarine service accounted for 55 percent of all enemy shipping destroyed.
Growin' Old in a Technologically Advanced World......
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

dex armstrong
Posted 2008-06-28 12:24 PM (#17097)

COMSUBBBS

Subject: Growin' Old in a Technologically Advanced World......

Once you cross the Social Security trigger line, you begin to notice that the younger generation has invented a lot of anti-old folks stuff. You ever tried to get into a damn CD or DVD package lately? How about getting the cap off a SCOPE bottle...There's some kind of secret Hindu doo-dah dance where you chant and twist the cap in some mystically coded ritual with your left eye closed. The same with asperin bottles and pain thinner cans. I feel like I am pulling a bloody grenade pin ope3ning a can of Vienna sausage or SPAM can.....Who invented plastic wine bottle corks, squeeze mayonaise bottles, upside down catsup bottles, super-slippery K-Y lube that comes in a container the size of half a 12 guage shell and costs four times as much....What's wrong with a gallon bucket of HUMKO lard and a putty knife? When did they start printing assembly instructions in fly crap size print? They used to pint Fleer's DOUBLE-BUBBLE and BAZOOKA bubble gum cartoons in larger print that they use on the back of a DULCOLAX box.....What sonuvabitch invented VELCRO? Now kids can wait until they are fifteen before being forced to confront the art of shoelace tying. What in the hell is wrap music? Why did they invent invisable ray toilet flushing? Are there bastards out thyere so damn lazy they can't exert themselves enough to pull the flush trigger in a National Park head? Who discovered the cure for diaper rash, lumbego, and nuralgia? How come no sunuvabitch who works for Exxon understands the copncept of annual tire rotation? What the hell happened? DEX
Stoops
Posted 2008-06-28 4:23 PM (#17101 - in reply to #17097)
Master and Commander

Subject: RE: Growin' Old in a Technologically Advanced World......

it's a conspiracy, I tell ya! A conspiracy! It's our kids are getting back at us in spades!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who would have thought that sweet looking baby in the cradle upon whom you lavished love and affection would eventually turn to designing items that would confound, confuse, befuddle, and generally baffle us?

Where did we go wrong?

steamboat
Posted 2008-06-28 6:44 PM (#17105 - in reply to #17097)
Master and Commander

Amen, Dex. Just when you think that there is one last thing that has not changed since you were a kid, by damn, they read your mind and totally screw that one last part of your 65 year old heritage too! This has even extended into Protestant church services..... they have even changed the Lords Prayer and the Apostles Creed!!! Is nothing sacred?
Steamboat sends
JrKrup, Skimmer
Posted 2008-06-28 8:21 PM (#17109 - in reply to #17097)

Master and Commander

dex armstrong - 2008-06-28 7:24 PM
You ever tried to get into a damn CD or DVD package lately? How about getting the cap off a SCOPE bottle...There's some kind of secret Hindu doo-dah dance where you chant and twist the cap in some mystically coded ritual with your left eye closed. The same with asperin bottles and pain thinner cans. I feel like I am pulling a bloody grenade pin ope3ning a can of Vienna sausage or SPAM can.....What the hell happened? DEX

I have a specialized tool for opening CD or DVD - and a lot of other plastic - packages. It's called a BAND SAW. As to opening bottles and medicine containers, I use a BIG pair of Channel-Lock pliars.
Curt
Posted 2008-06-29 4:18 AM (#17116 - in reply to #17097)

Old Salt

"Modern Packaging" is a bitch!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software