Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: USS R-6 was fitted the first prototype US submarine snorkel at Portsmouth Naval Shipyard in the closing months of the European part of WW II in April / May 1945 and successfully tested it off Fort Lauderdale, Fl. as the war against Japan ended in August 1945. The snorkel was removed from the USS R-6 and she was decommissioned and scrapped in September 1945.
USSVI Poll Results - Should we support the US Submarines on Public Display?
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

PatH
Posted 2008-06-28 9:47 PM (#17110)

Great Sage of the Sea

Subject: USSVI Poll Results - Should we support the US Submarines on Public Display?

The results of this poll were overwhelmingly in support of support... 

396 Yes, 3 No.

Thanks to all who participated.

The new poll is now posted and you can participate by going to www.ussvi.org and clicking on the VOTE IN POLL button.

The subject is "Should women serve as crew on US Submarines?"

Weigh in!

Ric
Posted 2008-06-28 10:23 PM (#17112 - in reply to #17110)

Plankowner

Subject: RE: USSVI Poll Results - Should we support the US Submarines on Public Display?

Well I can't find the Poll button. Where is it hidden?
PatH
Posted 2008-06-29 2:43 AM (#17113 - in reply to #17110)

Great Sage of the Sea

Subject: RE: USSVI Poll Results - Should we support the US Submarines on Public Display?

Try again...  It's at the top.
John Bay
Posted 2008-06-29 2:48 AM (#17114 - in reply to #17113)
Old Salt

As of this moment 100% said NO!
Ric
Posted 2008-06-29 8:45 AM (#17123 - in reply to #17113)

Plankowner

OK, there now. Wasn't there last night for sure.. Thanks
Runner485
Posted 2008-06-29 9:29 AM (#17126 - in reply to #17110)

COMSUBBBS

Out of 21 votes cast, 8 people voted for wimmen to be crew members of Subs....These guys must be the very, very old guys whose minds are completely gone and who can't remember how horny we got just by looking at a photo of a women in a Life Magazine. I just couldn't imagine being at sea for any length of time with a real female person.....roaminm around with all of her protuberances sticking out in all the right places. I would have been thrown in the brig.....

BTW Pat! This question almost crashed Don's BBS. 20 people are on line as I tried to reply to your question, and she just hung there....  
PatH
Posted 2008-06-29 9:45 AM (#17127 - in reply to #17110)

Great Sage of the Sea

Subject: Women on subs

I asked a shipmate of mine about that a couple years ago and he got this dreamy, faraway look in his eyes and said, "you know, I was born 50 years too soon.  What I could have done with wimmen aboard my boat on long patrols...." 

I told him it was a interesting thought, but he'd better recalibrate that thinking else the feminazis and thought police come and take him away.

Our problem is we have two heads, and only enough blood to operate one at a time...

(smile)

GaryKC
Posted 2008-06-29 9:40 PM (#17141 - in reply to #17110)

COMSUBBBS

USSVI Creed:  "To perpetuate the memory of our shipmates who gave their lives in the pursuit of duties while serving their country. That their dedication, deeds and supreme sacrifice be a constant source of motivation toward greater accomplishments. Pledge loyalty and patriotism to the United States Government."

I have never been accused of being a very smart fellow, and perhaps joining USSVI is proof of that, but, I'm confused as to why I'm asked to vote in polls whose subjects concern future submarine issues that I cannot effect or affect the outcome of. Has the USSVI Creed changed since I joined?

PatH
Posted 2008-06-30 7:21 AM (#17153 - in reply to #17110)

Great Sage of the Sea

Gary, I think you are taking this poll a bit too seriously. 

The 'ulterior' motive behind starting the polling question was to get our USSVI members used to 'logging in' as it uses the same process as the "just opened for business" online election system.  No one is required to participate in the poll, however.  The questions posed are mostly just there for the fun of it all although the museum boat question was a more serious one. 

Along with remembering our shipmates on EP, we are a fraternal group at our core, and if you and I are not having a good time along the way, we're doing it wrong. 

Thats my story and I'm sticking to it!

REF:  The entire purpose of USSVI, as detailed in the Constitution is as follows:

ARTICLE III --PURPOSE

Section 1: STATEMENT OF PURPOSE.

To perpetuate the memory of our shipmates who gave their lives in the pursuit of their duties while serving their country. That their dedication, deeds, and supreme sacrifice be a constant source of motivation toward greater accomplishments. Pledge loyalty and patriotism to the United States Government.

Section 2: CREED

The Statement of Purpose for the organization shall be also known as the organization's Creed.

Section 3: In addition to perpetuating the memory of departed shipmates, we shall provide a way for all Submariners to gather for the mutual benefit and enjoyment.  Our common heritage as Submariners shall be Strengthened by camaraderie.  We support a strong U.S. Submarine Force.

Edited by PatH 2008-06-30 7:25 AM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software