Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: The USS Blenny SS 324, on her last patrol of WW II sank 63 vessels. One by torpedo and 62 by deck gunfire, demolition charges set by boarding parties or by burning. On several occasions shotguns were fired through the boats bottoms. These were all vessels under the 500 ton JANAC limit for tonnage sunk and not counted in the "official" totals or ships sunk. This is also a record for the most vessels ever sunk by a submarine on one patrol.
Jack in the Box Secret Sauce
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

Sewer Pipe Snipe
Posted 2008-07-04 10:10 AM (#17322)
Master and Commander

Subject: Jack in the Box Secret Sauce

Anybody know the recipe for this stuff? I haven't had any since the sixties and student teaching in Mineola Long Island. I do remember that I really liked it. Plus, there isn't a Jack in the Box in Georgia. So I can't go get some and figure it out. Memories, they do tend to taste better than reality.
RCK
Posted 2008-07-04 10:30 AM (#17324 - in reply to #17322)
Master and Commander

Subject: RE: Jack in the Box Secret Sauce

Jack went to Ketchup some years ago. Below are the ingredeants that they used in their secret sauce but they ain't giving the proportions so you can gather the stuff up and begin experimenting on your own. I never have tasted the sauce so I don't know what it tasted like. Bon Apetite........maybe!!!

Here is the recipe for Jack In The Box's secret sauce. While the portions were not provided, the following ingredients are here for your experimenting pleasure. Bon Appetit!

water
soybean oil
tomato paste
vinegar
high fructose corn syrup
mustard
onion (dehyrated)
egg yolk
corn syrup salt
Worcestershire Sauce
A-1 steak sauce
xanthan gum
Tabasco sauce
sodium benzoate and potassium sorbate (added as preservatives)
oleoresin paprika
Sewer Pipe Snipe
Posted 2008-07-04 12:13 PM (#17330 - in reply to #17322)
Master and Commander

Thanks, I shall play around and see what happens.
Bear
Posted 2008-07-04 12:31 PM (#17333 - in reply to #17322)

Great Sage of the Sea

I have a book some where that does give what they considered the proportions and I think it is probably availiable in library and I will find the name tomorrrow.
Sewer Pipe Snipe
Posted 2008-07-05 3:59 AM (#17365 - in reply to #17333)
Master and Commander

Thanks BearĀ 
Doc Gardner
Posted 2008-07-05 4:12 AM (#17366 - in reply to #17322)

Master and Commander

Sewer Pipe Snipe - 2008-07-04 11:10 AM

Anybody know the recipe for this stuff? I haven't had any since the sixties and student teaching in Mineola Long Island. I do remember that I really liked it. Plus, there isn't a Jack in the Box in Georgia. So I can't go get some and figure it out. Memories, they do tend to taste better than reality.

And who you going to call when that "experiment" explodes? I wonder how "Snipe barbecue" tastes?

Sewer Pipe Snipe
Posted 2008-07-05 9:23 AM (#17373 - in reply to #17366)
Master and Commander

So, I once more have to educate the Doc from Detroit. Jack in the Box made hamburgers and tacos. The sauce was reserved for the hamburgers, but if you asked, they would put it on a taco. I was a lot younger then, with differnt tastes, but I did love that sauce. Has nothing what so ever to do with the great southern tradition of smokin meat that ain't fit to be ate before our careful application of family secrets. No, I won't give you the recipe for Georgia smokin brine or barbaque sauce. Darn Yankees want all our secrets. Of course if you are willing to share, I am willing to listen.
Sewer Pipe Snipe
Posted 2008-07-05 1:43 PM (#17383 - in reply to #17322)
Master and Commander

I have got to apologize. I should have shared with Doc, brother of the phin and all that. Barbaque Snipe tastes about like Barbaque Woodcock, and a little better than Crow. You actually shoot them on the coastal marshes. Just pop out the breast, and throw the rest away. Marinate in Italian dressing for at least six hours. Butterfly the breast and cook on indirect heat flavored with apple wood. I suggest you get a Crow or two, cook the same way, and imagine it tasting a lot better. See, I can share, after I think about it.
Doc Gardner
Posted 2008-07-06 3:37 AM (#17388 - in reply to #17383)

Master and Commander

Sewer Pipe Snipe - 2008-07-05 2:43 PM

I have got to apologize. I should have shared with Doc, brother of the phin and all that. Barbaque Snipe tastes about like Barbaque Woodcock, and a little better than Crow. You actually shoot them on the coastal marshes. Just pop out the breast, and throw the rest away. Marinate in Italian dressing for at least six hours. Butterfly the breast and cook on indirect heat flavored with apple wood. I suggest you get a Crow or two, cook the same way, and imagine it tasting a lot better. See, I can share, after I think about it.

I've had my fair share of crow and the feathers are hard to swallow; even Tabasco doesn't improve the taste. Thanks, but I'll pass. For some good eating I'll stick with quail. Six of them make a nice meal.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software