Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: Habitability is heavily stressed in the construction of modern submarines. Specially designed color schemes, mechanical conveniences, air conditioning, and the best chow in the Navy are supplied to make the vessels more livable. A full time staff is maintained by Electric Boat Division to work out 'human engineering' problems.
I think I'll Start an Arguement.....Friendly Argument
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

Sewer Pipe Snipe
Posted 2008-07-08 12:33 AM (#17443 - in reply to #17393)
Master and Commander

Subject: RE: I think I'll Start an Arguement.....Friendly Argument

Weather permiting, I go to my sand pit once a week to make sure the gun still works, and I can still hit my target. As my eyes have aged, I have gone to lasers on some of my handguns. I carry, concealed, and legally. I do not violate State law. I do however, ignore some posted gun free zones. Why, because I know the law. Here a teacher can carry in their vehicle, as long as the vehicle is locked and the weapon is locked inside a trunk or glovebox. If I am driving through a school gun free zone, as long as I don't stop to long, I am legal. If I am dropping off or picking up a student, I am legal. Why is it this way? Some miscrient shot his former wife in a school parking lot. She sued, just like Park stated. The law was ammended the following legislative session. Practice, know the law, and make sure you obey it.
Gil Shaddock
Posted 2008-07-08 6:11 PM (#17447 - in reply to #17393)
Great Sage of the Sea

Who removed all of the posts on this thread?
Ralph Luther
Posted 2008-07-08 6:31 PM (#17448 - in reply to #17393)
COMSUBBBS

They aren't removed. Just click on #1 on the lead of the thread where it says" jump to".

Edited by Ralph Luther 2008-07-08 6:31 PM
DRL673
Posted 2008-07-10 11:59 AM (#17475 - in reply to #17442)
Mess cooking

Subject: RE: Check your License Dave LeVering

Dave,
You do NOT have a CCW Read what it says on your license.
I hold a Washington State "License to Carry Concealed Pistol"
I get a real run around from Sheriff's office who issued the license.
I asked them if I could carry a revolver in a concealed manner.
They said yes. Then I asked them about other weapons .........
They told me to talk to my legislator, as they wrote and titled the law.

Don,
Actually I did not state that I hold a washington Permit; I do however hold a Utah Non Resident Permit which is recognized in Washington and most of the rest of the US. I realize how the assumption was made concerning the origin of my permit so no hard feelings. For anyone that does much traveling this permit is very handy to have and keeps you in compliance with most states requirements. California does not recognize this permit and a few other states so I always verify what the laws are before traveling.

Dave LeVering
MM1?SS
SSN611 &SSN673
Blue from West Oz
Posted 2008-07-10 2:02 PM (#17476 - in reply to #17438)

Master and Commander

I obey the law. I expect others to do so also.

Dave, you and others have stated that before.....but you, and others, have also stated 'over my dead body' if, and obviously this is hypothetical........if the law was to change and you were no longer allowed to 'carry'.

So what is it to be.....you will only obey the law YOU like or you obey ALL laws?

I look after 600 guys who pick and chose the laws they like!

Blue *_*
Sewer Pipe Snipe
Posted 2008-07-10 2:46 PM (#17477 - in reply to #17393)
Master and Commander

Unfortunately, or fortunately Blue most Americans are independant. There are things most of us consider a crime, like molesting a child. Then there are those things we tend to ignore, mostly speed limits. From some comments I have heard,(from some guy in South Carolina) you might fall into that lot also. My Father often said obey the law as long as it does not endanger you or your family. If he felt a need, he carried a handgun in New York City. The old addage of sooner tried by twelve than carried by six. Americans tend to consider firearms a symbol of their freedon and independance. I will carry if it is against the law, but I feel I have a compelling reason to carry. After all, a criminal will carry no matter what. Yes, I may be a criminal if I get caught. However I have seen the odds against just that too often.
Stoops
Posted 2008-07-10 4:19 PM (#17478 - in reply to #17476)
Master and Commander

Blue from West Oz - 2008-07-10 2:02 PM

I obey the law. I expect others to do so also.

Dave, you and others have stated that before.....but you, and others, have also stated 'over my dead body' if, and obviously this is hypothetical........if the law was to change and you were no longer allowed to 'carry'.

So what is it to be.....you will only obey the law YOU like or you obey ALL laws?

I look after 600 guys who pick and chose the laws they like!

Blue *_*

Blue, I'll take your word for it that I said "over my dead body".

I would start contributing more to not only the NRA, but all sorts of pro-second amendment lobby groups. I'd be writing my "politicians", etc.....

I think I will leave it at that in a public forum, but would be glad to discuss it with you in a private forum.

However, it is an American tradition to only obey the laws you like.....I mean....there are so many examples by our current politicians......on both sides of the aisle! What an example they set for the rest of us!!!!!!!!!!

Hee hee hee.

mike652
Posted 2008-07-10 4:58 PM (#17480 - in reply to #17475)
Great Sage of the Sea

Texas has a CHL (Concealed Handgun License).
Washington definition of a pistol: "means any firearm with a barrel less than sixteen inches in length, or is designed to be held and fired by the use of a single hand."
http://apps.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=9.41.010

Stoops
Posted 2008-07-10 6:01 PM (#17483 - in reply to #17480)
Master and Commander

Further, TX specifies whether or not you are qualified on revolver or semi-auto. You cannot carry a semi-auto if you qualified on a wheelgun but if you qualify on a semi-auto you can carry a revolver.

I have no idea how Washington conducts their business, but don't have any plans on carrying there......

On the other hand, if you really want to cut through the red tape and general bulls**t, you can always sling up your trusty Mossberg, Remington, or other 12 gauge and walk through the streets with full confidence you are legal.....However, don't do that in Pasadena...those guys have a 'tude...................

Edited by Stoops 2008-07-10 6:03 PM
donmac
Posted 2008-07-11 12:07 AM (#17491 - in reply to #17480)

Senior Crew

mike652 - 2008-07-10 2:58 PM
Washington definition of a pistol: "means any firearm with a barrel less than sixteen inches in length,
or is designed to be held and fired by the use of a single hand."
http://apps.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=9.41.010

Yes Mike, I am well aware of the RCW's and WAC's of Washington State.
I worked on a Veterans Legislative Coalition for 5 years.
There are some real hard headed politicians that I sometimes question if they
ever heard or know of Engish language semantics!
Just because the law has a false definition, they just don't care to make it correct.
Very frustrating trying to defend the dictionary when politicians have their own, and
it seems like it's NOT the same as we can buy in any good book store.
UGH ...... many times over and over and over
'nuff said.
Blue from West Oz
Posted 2008-07-11 3:21 AM (#17492 - in reply to #17478)

Master and Commander

No Dave, your answer was good enough.

You may be right re, 'over my dead body comment' but I suppose I attribute that comment to some of you guys in particular.

Cheers mate

Blue *_*
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software