Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: ENS Sam Hunter, the first submarine casualty of WWII on Dec. 8, 1941. He was attached to Sea Dragon moored next to Sealion. He was killed by shrapnel from the first bomb hit on Sealion penetrating the conning tower of Sea Dragon. The second hit killed 4 men in Sealions Engineroom.
Question
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

RCK
Posted 2008-07-11 10:35 AM (#17499)
Master and Commander

Subject: Question

Why do we listen to people who tell us not to drill for oil?
Tom McNulty
Posted 2008-07-11 11:12 AM (#17500 - in reply to #17499)

Master and Commander

Subject: RE: Question

That's democracy in action. If we don't like the decision makers toss them out or at least threaten to toss them out. Now that's the easy answer. Closer to the truth is to follow the money. Money is the grease that silences the squeaky wheel. As the old saying goes, "money talks and BS walks". Just so you don't misunderstand my politics the conservative branch I perch on is mighty thin out here.
Roy Ator
Posted 2008-07-11 11:25 AM (#17501 - in reply to #17499)

Great Sage of the Sea

I've written to my Congressman & Senators on this very topic. Have you? My congressman seems to have the picture and is moving on it. Still waiting for a meaningful response from my Senators.
SOB490
Posted 2008-07-11 6:39 PM (#17514 - in reply to #17501)

Old Salt

Roy Ator - 2008-07-11 9:25 AM

I've written to my Congressman & Senators on this very topic. Have you? My congressman seems to have the picture and is moving on it. Still waiting for a meaningful response from my Senators.

Roy, you are fortunate to have folks in Congress who have 2 brain cells to rub together -- I'm stuck with Babbles Boxer and Mad Dog Pelosi -- doubt that writing anything to them except a huge campaign donation check would get their attention.

But I have an even bigger question -- the process of converting shale into high grade crude is both well proven and economically feasible [GOOGLE "SASOL" - Fluor's installation in South Africa; We have an incredible reserve of the same grade of oil-bearing shale in the US but nobody seems to want to exploit it. With crude flirting with $150/bbl and pump prices around $4.59 here in Mad Dog's home district - where I could damn near pick up a rock with my rotary mower and hit two major refineries. Just makes no sense at all.

Edited by SOB490 2008-07-11 6:44 PM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software