Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: "Submariners are a special brotherhood, either all come to the surface or no one does. On a submarine, the phrase all for one and one for all is not just a slogan, but reality.” -- VADM Rudolf Golosov of the Russian Navy
STARBUCKS
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

dex armstrong
Posted 2008-07-24 4:20 PM (#17857 - in reply to #17749)

COMSUBBBS

Subject: RE: STARBUCKS

Patti, Dads always enjoy anything their daughters make for them. Smokeboats enjoyed a modest blend of dirty Yugoslavian army socks and barn owl regurgitation...As long as it was hot and black and could reverse the effects of embalming fluid a boatsailor will put it away by the bucket load. Ah NAVY coffee...best in the world. DEX
miss lumpy bumps
Posted 2008-07-24 6:27 PM (#17864 - in reply to #17857)

COMSUBBBS

Subject: RE: STARBUCKS

Speaking of "embalming fluid"...I had to go shopping today...and decided that instead of buying the "little cups" for the coffee maker, I would purchase the beans instead...John Garry bought a grinder earlier in the year, but the best was that I got 2 lbs. and it was actually
cheaper in the long run, because the coffee will last longer...that is...if I let last that long....no wonder I bounce off the walls!!!

Yes, Dad's are great that way. I actually remember the day...it was Father's Day, 1958...and I still have the coffee pot...and old Corning pot...the old Cornflower pot. That pot has seen more coffee made in it...I only stopped using it about two years ago...and
will on special occasions, break it out. My Mom loves the smell of the coffee coming from it while it's brewing on the stove.

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software