Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: "I don't know why we have to be down here on this hold down exercise(at the 60th hour). Hell, I went through this on the Thresher (SS 200) during WW ll with a Nip Sea Going Tug hooked onto our screw guards, trying to lift our butts out of the water. They didn't get us then, and these Tin Cans (ours) ain't going to get us now." -- "Hambone" Hamilton SD1 (SS). "Hambone" made 13 war patrols on USS Remora, SS-487, uttered these words in July 1957 during a hold down exercise off Kobe Japan.
BBS friends
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

PaulR
Posted 2008-07-30 8:00 AM (#18097 - in reply to #18096)

Master and Commander

Subject: RE: BBS friends

Doc Gardner - 2008-07-30 10:52 AM
PaulR - 2008-07-29 1:44 PM
Doc Gardner - 2008-07-29 2:03 PMI've met quite a few at conventions (Ron and Dan Martini, John Clear, Ray "Olgoat' Stone to drop a few familiar names) plus John Wynn and Gumba amongst others at Return to Sub School and many others too numerous to name at other boat related activities including my membership in Escolar Base - USSVI.My wife and I were honored (or is it honoured?) to have Blue as a guest in our home; we even smuggled him into Canada. We visited John Bay in Maine and I've been to Dave Stoops house on numerous occasions to steal his stuff. I hired him to do some training for me so I could get him out of the house and drink his scotch. Tom McNulty and I shared a boat (SSBN 600) and got reacquainted here on the BBS. Don Gentry and I share a common hometown (Detroit) and I'm in training to ride a Harley to the West Coast to meet up with him and John Clear. I hope the "Olgoat" doesn't make an appearance out there because I'm spending all the bail money on the Harley. When Clear and Stone get together only trouble occurs; but it sure is fun.

ME...ME....TOO

Paul:You're absolutely correct. How could I forget?Are you still publishing the Patrol Reports from the Sea Robin?

No problem DOC

I was afraid that I did not make a BIG ENOUGH impression...LOLĀ  Was a pleasure to host you and your wife at our reunion table.

I went through the War Patrol reports day-by-day last year... Maybe I'll start up again later this year.

SS-407 Patrol #1, SS-407 Patrol #2, SS-407 Patrol #3

Darrin
Posted 2008-07-30 9:17 AM (#18103 - in reply to #18027)

Great Sage of the Sea

MADDOG,
send me your information so I can have a bunk reserved for you on Torsk or Taney (your choice), right now the work weekend is slated for the 3rd through the 5th of October and I am planning to go up on the 2nd to finish any last minute details that haven't been taken care of prior to the work weekend starting on the 3rd.

Darrin
Flapper
Posted 2008-07-30 11:25 AM (#18116 - in reply to #18075)

Master and Commander

Subject: Yeah, but ...

BlackBeard - 2008-07-29 8:53 PM
Flapper - 2008-07-29 5:15 PM
But I hope that changes big-time next year in San Diego, when I attend my first national convention!
oooooo.... a VIRGIN!BB

... that is very probably the very last iota of virginity that is left for me, BB!
I do believe I done did everything else at least once, heh heh.
Stoops
Posted 2008-07-30 6:15 PM (#18128 - in reply to #18116)
Master and Commander

Subject: RE: Yeah, but ...

... that is very probably the very last iota of virginity that is left for me, BB!

That explains the class action suit against you by the Iowa Beef Plant, eh?
BlackBeard
Posted 2008-07-30 6:25 PM (#18130 - in reply to #18116)

Great Sage of the Sea

Subject: RE: Yeah, but ...

Flapper - 2008-07-30 11:25 AM

BlackBeard - 2008-07-29 8:53 PM
Flapper - 2008-07-29 5:15 PM
But I hope that changes big-time next year in San Diego, when I attend my first national convention!
oooooo.... a VIRGIN!BB

Apparently you haven't heard of the Convention-Initiation! We'll find something, or we'll make it...

BB
Donald L. Johnson
Posted 2008-07-30 9:32 PM (#18136 - in reply to #18027)

Great Sage of the Sea

Gee, I feel kinda deprived. I've only met about 6 of you in the flesh, and most of them were at Gary's Last Bash. I was at the Joint National Convention in Reno in 2003, but I met so many folks, I couldn't remember most of them to save my life.

My job and my parents ill-health have kept me close to home for the last 10 years, but I intend to make up for lost time next year in San Diego. If the stories I read here are even half-true, it should be a wild time.

Flapper
Posted 2008-07-31 3:30 PM (#18160 - in reply to #18128)

Master and Commander

Subject: That, sir, is a base canard!

Stoops - 2008-07-30 7:15 PM
That explains the class action suit against you by the Iowa Beef Plant, eh?

I am not now, nor have I ever been into - shall we say - 'bovine fetishes'!
Furthermore, unlike the infamous Roger Ramjet, I can neither confirm nor deny any ovine peccadilos.
SOB490
Posted 2008-07-31 4:37 PM (#18164 - in reply to #18160)

Old Salt

Subject: RE: That, sir, is a base canard!

Must be something about having "Parker" as part of one's name, right? I'm from the horse-thieving branch - could it be you are from the church-going side?
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software