Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: In World War II the Germans lost 782 submarines, the Japanese lost 130, Great Britan and Commonwealth countries lost 88 subs, Russia lost 110 submarines and the United States lost only 52 submarines. Twenty-three of the Japanese subs lost were victims of the American Submarine Service.
Bloomers, Dex?
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

Corabelle
Posted 2008-08-06 12:39 PM (#18286)

COMSUBBBS

Subject: Bloomers, Dex?

My, you ARE old! I think that was something we wore in gym class back in Junior High.

Cora
Sargosailor
Posted 2008-08-06 1:07 PM (#18287 - in reply to #18286)

Senior Crew

Subject: RE: Bloomers, Dex?

And just what did they make bloom????
Corabelle
Posted 2008-08-06 1:44 PM (#18289 - in reply to #18287)

COMSUBBBS

You know, I don't think they were meant to "bloom" anything. Quite the opposite.

Bloomers were an article of women's clothing designed by Elizabeth Smith Miller of Peterboro, N.Y. (interesting!), but popularized by Amelia Bloomer in the early 1850s. The name is a shortening of "Bloomer suit," and intended to preserve Victorian decency."

More than you wanted to know, Sammy? That'll teach you to sink the Sterlet.

Cora

Edited by Corabelle 2008-08-06 1:45 PM
Sargosailor
Posted 2008-08-06 2:12 PM (#18291 - in reply to #18289)

Senior Crew

I knew that was coming! But I don't think Bloomers were ever popular......too damn hard to get off!!!

Edited by Sargosailor 2008-08-06 2:45 PM
dex armstrong
Posted 2008-08-06 7:20 PM (#18298 - in reply to #18286)

COMSUBBBS

Cora, It was a term used by my Mom...When she had to speed up in traffic she would shout,"Ladies grab hold of your bloomers!!" (The Old Man used."Ladies, Hold onto your hats!!") . She also used the expression,"I tossed a snapping turtle past her panty elastic." In East Tennessee girls panties were always referred to as "undies" or "Step-ins" In the days before Playboy and Penthouse all a red-blooded American lad had was Esquire, Police Gazette, and the ladies lingerie section in the Sears-Roebuck catalog, J,C, Penney Catalog and Mrs Pennington's Home Delivered Unmentionables. The 1940's were the pre-thong era.....step-ins were appropriate for ages eight to eighty. Me and Sammy Northington did clothesline surveys....Our little girl pal, Nancy Knight wore white cotton undies....positioned properly between the monkey bars and the parallel bars you could look up girls sun dresses on the swings...once visual confirmation of a gals undies was obtained the third grade chant was "I see London, I see France...I see Dotty's UNDERPANTS." This was an elementary school super crowd pleaser. AND Yes Cora. I am OLD....I'm a card carrying coot...one of those senior citizens who remember when boys wouldn't be caught dead with long hair, wearing earrings or lip and eyelid rivets....flower and bluebird tattoos and pink, lavender and fushia dress shirts. It was a time when there were NO out of the closet fruits...gay parades...unisex barbershops....doggie grooming salons....dirty book stores....and when kids parents wouldn't have permitted thier children's future to be mortgaged to guys who want you to eat with chopsticks. I don't know what little girls wore under their little PE outfits...not that me and Sammy wouldn't have loved to research the subject....Sex information available to lads in the late 40's was on par with the availability of Atom Bomb assembly plans, Masonic ritual and information on the physical location of Amelia Earhart.....At seven we all thought baby's entered planetary life, via the belly button. None of us were ever nominated for a Nobel Prize for Applied Intelligence. Cora....All we knew about bloomers was that they constituted a line of demarcation beyond which you couldn't go....without God striking you stone dead with a lightning bolt. DEX
Corabelle
Posted 2008-08-06 10:19 PM (#18299 - in reply to #18298)

COMSUBBBS

Subject: You're old? Okay, you're old...

...I think I've seen you write that you're 67. I'm 78, and a long way from being a 'coot.'

Careful, now. Watch it.

However, tonight (it's 11:09 p.m.) I might consider myself a coot. I've dealt with chronic pain for 20 years; since before my first of 4 unsuccessful back surgeries. And, it's past time for pain pills. Then to bed.

On my worst day, though, I could deal with all "Sterlet killers." Listenin' Sammy? Yeah, yeah. I know. You weren't there. When did you leave the Sargo?

Hey, now I don't feel so bad.

I AM bad.

G-r-r-r! Does that look like a G-r-r-r?

"Nite, all.

Cora (Biker Babe of 2007.)

Edited by Corabelle 2008-08-06 10:23 PM
Roy Ator
Posted 2008-08-06 10:46 PM (#18300 - in reply to #18299)

Great Sage of the Sea

Subject: RE: You're old? Okay, you're old...

"coot?" I did a search and learned a whole lot more about BIRDS than I wanted to know! Are you trying to tell us other old pharts something? You should know by now that age is a wonderful thing. If'n it wern't we wouldn't be here belly aching!

Ain't life supposed to be fun? Luv ya gal...
dex armstrong
Posted 2008-08-06 11:27 PM (#18301 - in reply to #18286)

COMSUBBBS

Cootism is a state of mind....You're not a damn coot unless you recognize yourself to be one. Coots find each other and spend an inordinate amount of time practicing their cootism...They hang out in American Legion bars recalling a whole lot of stuff they did or managed to pull off that in the final analysis didn't matter a damn bit. Most coots are cantankerous old sonuvabitches who can take up to an hour and a half reading the morning paper and leave greasy spoon waitresses big tips....They forget to zip their pants...forget where they put their car keys...never wear pajamas....and live by themselves on hobo jungle cooking, a type of cousine requiring a can opener and comprised of stuff hand built by Chef Boyardee. Old coots NEVER put the lid down. Non Coots never experience the pure pleasure and absolute joy of cooterastic moments...stuff like having a big busted barmaid scratch your back....finding a twenty in a pants pocket when your putting together a laundry load....and having some sweetheart over to share coffee strong enough to reverse the effects of embalming fluid. Cootism has nothing to do with longevity, years lived. You don't have to have played Little League ball with Moses and Noah to be a coot. Cootism is more about milage over roads passed up by most...It's about eating the biggest slice of pecan pie you can poke in your mouth when nobody's looking and hiding a bottle of Jim Beam behind cans of chili in the kitchen pantry. Cora dear, I never meant to remotely imply that you were a coot. In fact, I think it's impossible that women can be coots without some kind of female coot movement and Constitutional ammendment. Cootism is not an objectional state of mind...because like minded guys seem to gravitate to one another and form wolfpack like units to fill a complete Waffle House booth. Coots also love women who wear sensible shoes, sensible sundresses with the top two buttons undone to reveal the upper part of the cleavage groove and come with removable undies....They like women who feed squirrels and don't mind getting up at 4:30am and tossing on enough clothes to involve not getting arrested for indecent exposure and perking up some coffee that will bounce a lug nut and take off to find a place loaded with skeeters where she will let you hold her hand while watching the sun come up and God unwrap his new day. If there are wimmin coots some day there will have to be some strict requirements to qualify. First...They will have to have purchased their last box of "feminine hygene products" twenty years prior to being designated. Second, they will have to know who Snooky Lansen was. Third, they will have to have at one time in their life actually ordered something from a Fredericks of Hollywood catalog.....and brewed home made beer. No Cora...you're not a coot...besides you would have to be a cootess. DEX
JrKrup, Skimmer
Posted 2008-08-07 12:54 PM (#18312 - in reply to #18286)

Master and Commander

Subject: Of Eagles, Owls, Coots and other birds

Speaking of birds, (the type that flies, or the type that wears a bikini,) ... You've heard the phrase, "It's difficult to soar with the eagles in the morning, when you spent all night hooting with the owls."

Then Dex brings up being a coot. Well I would much rather be accused of being a Coot, than being a Loon, or a Cuckoo.
sister5lp
Posted 2008-08-09 8:04 PM (#18385 - in reply to #18286)

Mess cooking

ya know Dex, I really like your thinking. Women folk ain't never gona be "coots' cause we are never older then 29, wll ok maybe 39
However we can be tough ole' BIRDS, and not the kind you toss in to the stew pot. You notice I did NOT say old, as females are always younger then their male counterparts, no matter what, or so we will claim
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software