Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: There are more airplanes at the bottom of the ocean than there are submarines in the sky; therefore I chose submarines over aviation.
Got a call from the Goatman (Ray "Olgoat" Stone)
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

dex armstrong
Posted 2008-08-07 7:53 AM (#18307)

COMSUBBBS

Subject: Got a call from the Goatman (Ray "Olgoat" Stone)

He says to tell you once again there has been media distortion of the truth. Reports of recent seismic disturbance (wardroom language for earthquake) in California were bogus. There was no shifting of tectonic plates...nothing happened to the San Andreas Fault...there was no subterranean earth movement...In Stones own words..."I was loaded and fell off a bar stool." There you have it folks...straight dope from the Stoneman. He also reports that he visited San Francisco and returned sporting a gold earring, a turquoise belly button insert, a stovebolt through his earlobe, half dozen sterling silver lip rivets, green pubic hair, and a "I love Hillary Clinton" fanny crack tattoo. He has become a Hari Krishna and has a part time job at the Freedom from Responsibility abortion clinic and birth control distribution center. He has shaved his head and eats roasted roaches on pita bread.....He's gone completely overboard for the California lifestyle. Will keep you updated. DEX
Ralph Luther
Posted 2008-08-07 8:02 AM (#18308 - in reply to #18307)
COMSUBBBS

Subject: RE: Got a call from the Goatman (Ray "Olgoat" Stone)

That clinches it! It had to be him that had that 11am appointment with Cora.. Dex, I don't know how many times you've been warned to keep an eye on the Olgoat. He might be shuckn more of your corn than you realize.
Tell the ole bustard we miss him hangn around on the lower limbs.
BlackBeard
Posted 2008-08-07 11:53 AM (#18309 - in reply to #18307)

Great Sage of the Sea

I don't believe you Dex! There is no way Olgoat would fall off a barstool! The rest of it sounds right.

BB
Flapper
Posted 2008-08-07 6:36 PM (#18320 - in reply to #18309)

Master and Commander

Subject: I see your avatar has subtly changed, BB

Seems like the first one was taken when you were a Naval Service babe in the woods. This new (to me, anyway) avatar seems to be showing a budding maturity ... maybe you had made your first run to Tijuana, or - God forbid - a West Pack or Med Run?
I could see where just one visit to the old Horse & Cow could visibly age a virgin ...
dex armstrong
Posted 2008-08-07 6:44 PM (#18322 - in reply to #18307)

COMSUBBBS

At the Springfield American Legion, Ray's barstool has a seat belt and he is required to wear a window washers harness attached to an eye bolt bolted to a structually supported ceiling beam. He had to take out busted pelvis insurance and sign a "hold harmless" form sent to the legal counsel of the American Legion. The deck around Ray's assigned stool is full of dings, dents, split flooring and busted boards...and all the ceiling plaster on the floor below has fallen out and been swept to the corner of the room....The entire area around Ray's stool is filled with scars made bt Ray's $10,000 Rolex wrist chronographic and celestial navigation, watch....and the keys to his vehicle, known locally as Battle Star Galactica...or the Bordello-mobile. After the first of the year, the EPA started requiring Ray to wear a NASCAR helmet when ordering anything stronger than a Diet Dr. Pepper. Folks, You know, if it appears on Gentry's Board...it's straight guage poop. DEX
BlackBeard
Posted 2008-08-07 7:27 PM (#18323 - in reply to #18307)

Great Sage of the Sea

Dex, it sounds to me like it would be impossible then, for Olgoat to fall so I stand my ground.
Flapper, that is the same I've used except for the recent picture with my wife. It was taken about 5 weeks out of bootcamp in downtown San Diego. They didn't have a jumper with firemen stripes so I had to go with the white ones. Sadly the only picture I have of me in uniform is a fake...
Oh, and I only got into the H&C once in Vallejo. I was underage and got in on a good 'boat' night. The second time I tried to get in I got caught. Since then I've been in the San Diego version 3 times and the Bremerton one last year after the cruise.
When I move back to Tucson why don't we get a bunch of us together and open a Submarine Bar? There's a SEAL bar right near the UofA, we could compete!
BB

Edited by BlackBeard 2008-08-07 7:31 PM
Sargosailor
Posted 2008-08-08 1:53 AM (#18325 - in reply to #18323)

Senior Crew

Now there's an idea that should fly!!!! I didn't know about the H & C when we were at Mare Island, I was underage anyway. I sure remember the Dolphin Club in Honolulu though.
Lot's of ex boat sailors in Arizona, in fact Skii lives in Tucson too. I still have a house up north and get out there from time to time.
Sammy
nancy
Posted 2008-08-08 1:15 PM (#18336 - in reply to #18307)

Old Salt

Dex:

Please give Ray my warm regards. Sure miss his After Battery Rat BBS. It was the first sub forum I visited during and after my brother's death. Still visit ABR on occasion to read stories.

Nancy

dex armstrong
Posted 2008-08-09 6:24 AM (#18360 - in reply to #18307)

COMSUBBBS

Nancy, Ray doesn't know what to do with "warm regards" unless they are at least 86 proof or come with removable lingerie....The best I could do wasw tell him you hoped that he didn't contract a terminal illness, get married to a gal he met picking lettuce fo seventy five cets an hour or choke to death on a chicken wing. He understand that kinda stuff....I have to translate for him...it's rough being semi-literate. DEX
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software