Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: "Any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile... can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction,...' I served in the United States Navy'.” -- John F. Kennedy
Reactivation of the Old Friday Night Gang
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

dex armstrong
Posted 2008-08-09 2:01 PM (#18368)

COMSUBBBS

Subject: Reactivation of the Old Friday Night Gang

First Off...Curt it was good to see you at SubVets today. It has been too damn long. We need to jumpstart our Friday Night commeraderie evenings. I for one miss the hell out of it. We need to round-up the remaining participants Bruce Miller, Ray Stone, You...me...Art Smith, work on Bill Krehyer (I miss Bill and his rye sense of humor and good nature) see if Chris is still interested.....There may be some possible recruits out there. Joe Pheonix and Marie....Who knows? We need to set some ground rules like the ones Gentry has established for this board and have a policy that all comers check their guns, along with personal political differences at the door and come with a singular purpose, to have a good time and rag hell out of each other. I'll work on the details. If any of you out there live in the Northern Virginia area or thereabouts and would like to join a group of old wornout former boatsailors, nukes and smokeboaters simply reply here and tell us how to reach you....or contact me at; sen41@hotmail.com We'd love to welcome you aboard. In the past, this was a great idea. We sorta let the thing fall apart over petty bickering between a couple of very opinionated folks (for once I wasn't involved). We shifted venues for reasons never fully explained and that I for one never really understood. My vote would be cast for locating a friendly place that would WELCOME OUR PATRONAGE and be centrally located with adequate parking. But, that's something we could figure out once we all agreed that starting it up is a good idea.DEX
Curt
Posted 2008-08-09 3:12 PM (#18369 - in reply to #18368)

Old Salt

Subject: RE: Reactivation of the Old Friday Night Gang

Dex, I'm ready.

Here's where we left it: http://www.cdhaggard.com/messcranks.html

We were meeting every Thursday at 1800-1930 at a joint in Springfield - but once we figure out when/where we want to resume, I'll change the page (add directions/info), and we can send out some invites.

Good seeing you again, Shipmate!

Edited by Curt 2008-08-09 3:14 PM
Curt
Posted 2008-08-09 4:00 PM (#18371 - in reply to #18368)

Old Salt

Subject: RE: Reactivation of the Old Friday Night Gang

Dex, how about this: http://www.cdhaggard.com/messcranks.html

Plenty of Parking here...

Edited by Curt 2008-08-10 7:05 AM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0